Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

diablosport on a bolt on z06

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2010, 08:26 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default diablosport on a bolt on z06

I have a diablosport left over from my camaro is it worth the money to have it unlocked for my bolt on z06. What hp gains could I have?
Old 06-13-2010, 09:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

depends on how much it costs for the unlock code. Tho I had a diablosport handheld and thought they were different ones for different year cars. So not sure if the one for your camaro will work with the C5Z. For the price of a new handheld I would just get the car tuned by a reputable tuner for bascially the same price.
Old 06-14-2010, 10:48 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

The U7198 works on 99-02 F bodies and 99-03 Vettes, so it ought to be fine, we charge $129 to unlock newer tools.
Old 06-14-2010, 03:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

While a custom diablosport tune is one thing....a canned tune you may run into issues.

I had the strangest incident/problem with my canned diablosport tune on my ls6 engine...and i will only put custom tunes on my cars from this point forward.

Out of respect, I will only go into more details via PM.

jb
Old 06-14-2010, 04:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by camaroracer91
I have a diablosport left over from my camaro is it worth the money to have it unlocked for my bolt on z06. What hp gains could I have?
yes. You'd pick up some power,.. no more 1-4.... TQ management can be completely removed,..better off idle driveability,...etc.

In my opinion of this, I highly recommend the predator. I have had one in my car now and probably about a hundred in customers cars(dealership cars) without issue or any failures for years. I have also dealt with other brand tuners, and had nothing but bad luck, mostly with technical help or vehicles that have growth(start with a stock car tune only-then perhaps add a cam or blower later). Diablosport has been awesome in answering calls and getting me what I need.

..plus,..these things can have custom tunes in them,..and have them stored. So,..when you go to the dealership,..or when you need to return your car to stock,.. you have your stock file there, in the predator,..and you have your predator tune or up to 5 custom tunes stored in your predator.

For me,... it's been awesome. It's saved me many many times out in the middle of the night, in the middle of no where.

Originally Posted by scramblerman
depends on how much it costs for the unlock code. Tho I had a diablosport handheld and thought they were different ones for different year cars. So not sure if the one for your camaro will work with the C5Z. For the price of a new handheld I would just get the car tuned by a reputable tuner for bascially the same price.
...but,.. you leave with nothing other then a tune. No way to diag,..not way to log,.. nothing but a tune. Then,..what happens when you do mods,... or have an issue? Can you call your tuner on the phone? Rarely do they answer trouble calls, or rarely are they as available as the trusty predator.

Originally Posted by Mike@Diablosport
The U7198 works on 99-02 F bodies and 99-03 Vettes, so it ought to be fine, we charge $129 to unlock newer tools.
Not a bad cost at all.

Originally Posted by 04ctsvfl
While a custom diablosport tune is one thing....a canned tune you may run into issues.

I had the strangest incident/problem with my canned diablosport tune on my ls6 engine...and i will only put custom tunes on my cars from this point forward.

Out of respect, I will only go into more details via PM.

jb

Working on your car many times,..I don't remember you haveing "issues"?

Pm me,.. as i'd like to know.

fyi,...I don't work for diablosport,..I just have alot of faith in them, as I have puut together many cars/projects, from cars with 3 miles on them,...to 120,000mile, 1000+hp vehicles..... and we have had no issues, no complaints,.. Something I truly wish I could say about ANY other vendors I have ever dealt with.
Old 06-14-2010, 04:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by camaroracer91

....i see your sig says "...mild tune for now." As in a custom tune?

Quick Reply: diablosport on a bolt on z06