C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Beginning Championship Defense

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2011, 08:53 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Beginning Championship Defense

Vette Doctors begin Championship Defense

Hi all. As I am about to begin the 2011 drag racing season with my Vette Doctors Performance built 1999 Corvette with 427 cid normally aspirated LS7, I want to start it off right by thanking the people make it happen. I have been on the forum for over 10 years now and have had my C5 for most of them (started with a C4). Over that time, shop owners Carmen and Dennis have provided me with both excellent service and reliable work. They work on my C5 and worked on my C4 and will work on my C6 when the time comes.

I make 300-500 quarter mile passes a year and they make sure I can continue to do that by taking car of my performance modifications and everyday maintenance. Last year was my most successful year in drag racing as I took the VDP Corvette around the country racing in the National Muscle Racing Association (NMCA) and am happy to say, we won a national championship. You will see the familiar Torch Red VDP Corvette on Eaton Posi advertisements in race related magazines and Eaton Banners at NMCA races for the 2011 season as we defend our 2010 championship.

So with that said, I hope you wish me will in the 2011 and season and give The Vette Doctors some consideration for your next service or modification needs.

If you have not drag raced your Corvette, it is certainly something you should consider trying yourself some time.

Thanks for reading and Go Team Corvette and VDP

Low quality photo of the Eaton Posit Advertisement in Fastest Street Car Magazine.
Old 03-09-2011, 09:02 PM
TECH Regular

Let me be the first to wish you luck Edgar!
You are a class act and a pleasure to race with/against.
Have fun in sunny Florida!
Old 03-15-2011, 05:23 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

congrats man, best wishes this season.
Old 03-24-2011, 09:50 PM
9 Second Club

Congrats man cant wait to see you at the next LSX.
Old 03-25-2011, 11:10 AM
9 Second Club

Well it did not get off to a good start. Borrowed a car to race in Bradenton to save on the cost of towing there. Car had a tuning issue and while trying to figure it out, we broke the rear. Replaced the rear, still trying to work out the issue, broke the trans. Qualified last and did not make first round. Spotted my competitors quite a lead. Long hill to climb now.
Old 07-03-2011, 12:21 PM
9 Second Club

Mid season report card.
With a 7-race circuit for the National Muscle Car Association (NMCA), the end of the fourth race marks our halfway point. We now head to the home stretch with three races left beginning with race 5 in bowling Green, KY, followed by race 6 in Milan, MI and the season finale, a double-points race, in Indianapolis, IN.

After a very unfortunate race in the season opener where running a borrowed car did not work out due to breakage, I am happy to report that I have gone on to win the next three races. Jumping back into the Vette Doctors prepped Corvette I have race for a long time, I was able to pick up my first NMCA race win in Atlanta. We then traveled to Maryland International Raceway where I followed it up with race win number two. Last weekend, I pulled off the threepeat winning at Route 66 in Joliet, IL. The three wins included some really close margins of victory including two of them by .003 in Maryland. The final at Joliet was my proudest as I defeated multi-time NHRA champion Al Corda, also running a C5 Corvette with the same ET, 10.50. If you can get your hands on a copy of FSC magazine, you can see full race coverage. (when NMCA posts online I can link here as well)

The car and driver are performing at a top level now and I hope we can continue the streak. Thanks to all who have stopped by the trailer to say hello and provide encouragement and good karma.

Points-wise we hold a four round lead at the moment. It is too early to get comfortable with that however as our series counts the five best of seven races and with the final race being double-points, anything can still happen.

The NMCA has been broadcasting live on the Internet and it is a great series with 11 classes for all types of American Muscle cars and usually includes special races with the races like the LSX Challenge Series and the Hemi Shootout. Visit the series at http://www.nmcadigital.com/

Big thanks to The Vette Doctors on the reliable, consistent and exceptional build. Be sure and check out their new website.

Thanks for reading.

Last edited by REDGAR; 07-03-2011 at 12:54 PM. Reason: typos
Old 07-03-2011, 06:08 PM
10 Second Club

Received 167 Likes on 89 Posts

Congrats on a great season so far!!!

Keep the fire!