Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

The LS2 runs strong

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2012, 09:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default The LS2 runs strong

Last December I sold my 2010 LS3 SS due to breaking a lot of drive train parts with just bolt-on power. The SS at the time had impressed me with what I was able to run but I wanted more and didn't want to fight the up hill battle against weight. I wanted a C6 and loved the LS3 but I couldn't find one in my price range since I wanted to drop my car payment. I bought my 2007 base C6 A6 from the original owner (my sister) with only 7K miles. I knew the history of the car, hell I even drove it home from the dealer so it was a no brainer. I had some bad preconceived notions about the LS2 and heard mostly bad things till I got on Corvette forum and even there it was a mixed bag.

Well to make a long story short the car came with a Corsa sport exhaust. I then got a basic Speed Inc. tune since I couldn't stand the way the auto shifted. I could make a separate thread on how happy I am with the tune. I then bought 17" wheels with 275/40/12 MT ET street radials and headed to the track.

First time out was opening weekend. Weather and track conditions were pretty bad but I was able to run a 12.7 @ 111 which is right where I figured the car would run. A couple weeks later I was dragged to a 5th gen track day and I'm glad I went. To my surprise the car ran a best of 12.48 @ 113.5 with a 1.89 60'. It was consistently in the 12.5's all day. There were no changes made to the car at all. I was curious at this point to see how much HP the car put down so it went on Speed Inc.'s dyno yesterday and made 352 rwhp. Needless to say I am extremely happy and impressed with what the little LS2 is doing. Can't wait to start getting into some real mods. Paying $150/ month less doesn't hurt either.

Old 05-09-2012, 02:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There's nothing wrong with any ls2, nice move sealing the camaro for the vette. My c5 6 speed beats my friends 2011 ss everytime. I like the new camaro, but its just so heavy. Good job at the track, you might even be able to squeeze out some better times.
Try a mayhem 2 cam. I just installed the mayhem 2 deluxe kit, and even with a half *** mail order tune, this cam rocks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzUfv...e_gdata_player
Old 05-23-2012, 09:54 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thats pimpin big pimpin, Still should have gotten a C5Z, Its faster lol

Quick Reply: The LS2 runs strong