Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Intake question

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2012, 10:41 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Intake question

I just picked up a C5 vette 2 months ago. Its a 98.. The stock LS1 intake has drill holes for the throttle cable assembly for a F-body I assume.. My question is if that is correct or should a true C5 intake have no holes for a Throttle cable assembly? If it is true then my next question is did the 97's have those holes as well?? I was just thinking about that when I was doing spark plugs. In 97 the F-body still had the LT1 so if a 97 C5 had the holes for the cables on the intake did GM deside last min to not use a cable TB or were they planning on putting the LS1 in he F-bodies in 97 as well and decided on the LT1 for 1 last year?? Dont ask me why I was thinking about this.. I guess after owning a LS1 F-body for so long you try to see the difference in between the Vette LS1 and the Fbody LS1..
Old 06-29-2012, 08:33 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You sure it isn't an f-body LS6 intake?
Old 06-29-2012, 09:37 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeremy@RPMTransmissions
You sure it isn't an f-body LS6 intake?
You know what I didnt even consider that!! I figured since the whole vette is stock with stock airbox and exhaust that the manifold is stock as well.. I will have to get the PN off my T/A to compare it to the Vettes..

So the Vette should not have any holes for the throttle is what your saying??