Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

98 corvette cam kit suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2013, 08:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 98 corvette cam kit suggestions

Hey all I just join the site and I heard this is a great site for good suggestions. Anyway I'm sure this been ask a lot and I been doing lots of research and I'm here for more info before I made my final decision. I have 98 corvette not z06 and so far I install catback exhaust and that is all but I love the sound of cam so I would like to have that. I'm getting the LG long tube header and just wondering what is the best cam kit I can buy, and the same time I want to keep the reliability of it. I know I am not an expert on car and that is why I'm here for help so please help me make an good decision and not regret it. Thank you all.
Old 01-08-2013, 05:50 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Call one of the speed shops on this site and have them spec a custom grind cam for you. A TSP 228R is a decent cam for a stock cube motor with good driveability. It's really hard to make suggestions without more info. What are you using the car for? Daily driver? Or tracking it? The cam you go with depends on your goals for the car. You're also going to want to do valve springs and pushrods at the same time, and I would go ahead and swap out your intake to an LS6 intake while you are doing the cam; it's free labor if you're having a shop do it.
Old 01-08-2013, 11:07 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Contact Futral Motorsports ask about the F13 cam kit.

You will not be dissapointed.

Quick Reply: 98 corvette cam kit suggestions