Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Is this a one off or what?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2004, 03:20 PM
STF Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Is this a one off or what?

I was going back to work today from lunch and I see this Yellow C5 up ahead of me. I zip in and out of traffic to get up beside him and possibly harass him. Well as I am getting close to him I notice the Vette is lowered and it has an exhaust. Upon closer examination I notice it sounds mean as hell. It was yellow with an aftermarket hood. A very sweet looking and sounding Vette. I couldn't get beside him to run him before he had to turn off on a side street. He got on it after he turned down the side street. That thing sounded like he would have handed me my *** easily. I don't have any details other than it was yellow with a after market hood. It was lowered and with an exhaust. It sounded like it might not be the normal displacement. I didn't see any badging on it. I think it might be someones toy. I just wanted to see if it sounded like something that you guys have heard of before. Sorry for not giving more details.
Old 04-16-2004, 11:59 PM
Teching In

Hey 99,

There IS a yellow LPE TT running around Greensboro! I think he works around the airport. Watch out!

Andy

Originally Posted by 99-LS1-SS
I was going back to work today from lunch and I see this Yellow C5 up ahead of me. I zip in and out of traffic to get up beside him and possibly harass him. Well as I am getting close to him I notice the Vette is lowered and it has an exhaust. Upon closer examination I notice it sounds mean as hell. It was yellow with an aftermarket hood. A very sweet looking and sounding Vette. I couldn't get beside him to run him before he had to turn off on a side street. He got on it after he turned down the side street. That thing sounded like he would have handed me my *** easily. I don't have any details other than it was yellow with a after market hood. It was lowered and with an exhaust. It sounded like it might not be the normal displacement. I didn't see any badging on it. I think it might be someones toy. I just wanted to see if it sounded like something that you guys have heard of before. Sorry for not giving more details.
Old 04-17-2004, 07:35 AM
STF Veteran

Originally Posted by mcneil141
Hey 99,

There IS a yellow LPE TT running around Greensboro! I think he works around the airport. Watch out!

Andy
He was turning onto Gallimore Dairy Road so that is probably him.
Old 04-17-2004, 12:42 PM
TECH Junkie

Yeah, there's also a LPE tuned Z06 running around Smithfield. No blower, no turbo's, but he's got a mean heads/cam package, w/ full exhaust and gears. He's pushin some good #s for being n/a.
Old 04-17-2004, 11:59 PM
On The Tree

Most of the non stock HOOD cars are magna charger equipped. mild(425hp) to wild (500 hp+)

Quick Reply: Is this a one off or what?