Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

An attempt at engine bay clutter-Take 1

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2013, 06:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default An attempt at engine bay clutter-Take 1

Well, in the middle of 3 project right now. Had to pull off two to get my head straight. Worked on my vette for a few minutes...cleaned up some clutter.

Since day one that I went TT...I have had the kit on and off multiple times..burned things,..learned things..etc. I had vacuum lines everywhere, fuel lines everywhere. **** just became frustrating looking at all the time. Almost embarrassing lol. I knew where everything went but,..most where confused when looking. Anyways, I bought vacuum line in aluminum,..I plan on doing all hard lines but, I didn't want to do that until I went with the AMS2000Pro...So I went another route. I used ALPHA hose Quick disconnect lines. I REALLY like how it turned out, even though I am not done yet, and I am still gonna change BOV location(hose routing). Next,...I will probably end up redoing my fuel lines to PTFE teflon but....not too soon.

Heres the old vacuum line setup....

Midflight of new setup....

..and a sneek peek of my new wastegate setup..

Still a LONG way to go but,...a step in the right direction. The alpha hose is pretty cool. It's 1/4 nylon line,..the fittings are stainless...they have a seal on the threads, they screw into 1/8th or 1/4 inch pipe... the black hose just pushes into the fitting and locks in. Pretty cool To remove, push blue tab in, pull hose out simultaneously.

Anyways, long way to go like I said, but, forward progress.
Old 11-11-2013, 04:44 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome to the 90's Jamie, those fittings have been around forever. But it looks alot cleaner now
Old 11-12-2013, 01:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by JoeyGC5
Welcome to the 90's Jamie, those fittings have been around forever. But it looks alot cleaner now

lmao. you dirty bastard!!!

I have known about them for only a year or so lol. Still, kinda new to me. I did use these in air line systems for vehicles that I worked on,..just never in the vacuum/compressor field.

Thanks holmes.

Quick Reply: An attempt at engine bay clutter-Take 1