Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

C7 Stingray vs 02 Z?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2015, 12:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C7 Stingray vs 02 Z?

Hey guys I wanted to run what happened last night by you guys because I was pretty surprised and some of my fellow F-body guys (mainly V6 and LT guys) are giving me flack lol!

So I encountered another enthusiast on the way home last night in a white C7! Beautiful car! LP said Nasty C7 or some variation. Anyways I was driving above the speed limit (as usual) and they came up beside me and I accelerated more. Fast forward a bit and we get to an empty stretch of freeway.

Run #1
Vette gets the hit and doesn't gain an inch after I mat it. My speedo is off but I let out shortly after shifting into 5th around a corner.

Run #2
Slow down to slower roll (speedo is off but around 4k RPM in 3rd), I get the hit and slowly inch away to about 1-1.5 cars ahead. Shutting down in the middle of 5th. Faster we went the more I pulled. Wasn't dramatic or a slaughter but I pulled nevertheless.

Not sure what the C7's are putting down but the races were close. The car looked to have a passenger and I was riding solo. The car was beautiful and Even if I pulled him, he still has the nicer car by far. Surprised or Shocked by the results? Posted on the Corvette side because I didnt need any wack jobs with a stock LT1 telling me stories about how they beat a C7 Z06....
Old 06-16-2015, 02:10 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,803 Likes on 1,284 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

One thread on this is enough, and it belongs in the Street Racing section....

Quick Reply: C7 Stingray vs 02 Z?