Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Quick vette electrical problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2016, 01:37 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Quick vette electrical problem

My boss has an O2 LS1 vette and I recently changed out the drivers side power window switch for him. As he says he now has an electrical problem in which the interior lights and other electrical stuff in the car shut down periodically. Just wondering if anyone else has or have had this issue since I am getting blamed for messing up his electrical system when I only unplugged the old switch and plugged in the new one and touched nothing else. Its 160,000 thousand mile daily driver and not that well taken care of so who knows but I just need to get him off of my back since Im military and enlisted and he is an officer. Any help would be appreciated so I can get him down the road and no more favors for that guy. No good deed goes unpunished. Thanks in advance.
Old 05-19-2016, 08:35 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I read through the sticky about FAQ's and read about the grounding corrosion issues and I'm willing to bet that's the issue. I am in Puerto Rico and the conditions are absolutely perfect for that sort of issue and im guessing the timing of the whole thing was against me. But still if anyone has been across that specific issue, I would love to hear any input.
Old 05-23-2016, 11:24 AM
On The Tree

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I believe there is a connection in the accordion tube for the drivers side door that could lead to something like that. Check out the Corvette Forum - I think they have a write up on what to look for in there. Sorry I can't be more specific.

Quick Reply: Quick vette electrical problem