Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

steering column lock on c5 corvette

Old 10-09-2017, 12:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default steering column lock on c5 corvette

installed the LMC 5 from compliance parts.com. Dont get the messages on the dash anymore but steering column is still locked. I can start the engine, put it in gear and move forward and backward, but the steering column will not unlock ?? I have a 2000 corvette C 5 , last 4 #'s of vin is 6216. we had a problem right after we bought the car in 2003 or 2004, had it towed back to the dealer and they fixed it ?? Now 14 years later it happens again. I'm an old lady by now on fixed income and having lost my husband a few months ago, I'm trying to fix this on my own. Mainly, I need to sell this as I could sure use the money right now. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Also I removed the relay above the BCM. Got an unlocker from complianceparts also, but I'm confused on using that. I dont have the purple wire on the relay and have no idea where to plug it into the relay. I know where I'd like to stick it, Just saying ! If anyone could help, probably would save me from getting any more gray hairs before their due. And I miss my husband terribly. We were together 58 years. Since I was 12 years old, and now I'm 71. So yeah I'm pretty lost and not too mechanicaly inclined as he was.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: steering column lock on c5 corvette