Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

2001 Z06 issue???

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2017, 09:56 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 Z06 issue???

I'm in the process of moving from Alabama to Colorado.
My car is a 2001 Z06 with a built 383 Stroker.
The car has always been a southeastern car it's whole life.
I trailered the car from Alabama to Colorado and went to start the car up and drive it off the trailer and had to drive the car to a car wash to spray it off. The car started up ok and drove ok but on the way back from the car wash (which was only a 1/2 mile down the road) The car stuttered and sounded like it back fired in the intake or something and white smoke was rolling out from under the hood. It has never done anything like this before. It wasn't leaking anything and continued to run the rest of the way back to the house. When I parked the car I popped the hood and there was still some smoke coming out from the engine compartment.
It looked like it was coming from the passenger side from the bottom of the engine possibly from the header. I couldn't really tell exactly where it was coming from. I turned the car off and let it sit for probably an hour and went back out to look everything over. I didn't see anything out of place and started the car up. It started fine and ran fine.
I pulled it into the garage and it's been there ever since. I had to fly back to Alabama to finalize a divorce and place my house on the market.
So I haven't seen the car since December 17th. The car is completely dry underneath and not leaking anything.
My question is could this have been an issue with the higher altitude and computer adjusting to the difference in altitude? Has anyone ever experienced anything like this and is it something I should be concerned with?
Please help me out.
Thanks, JKent

P.s. The Altitude in Alabama where I'm from is @ 600' ASL
Altitude in Colorado where this happened is over 7,000' ASL

Last edited by 2001 Z06; 12-29-2017 at 10:28 PM.

Quick Reply: 2001 Z06 issue???