Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Tsunami v2 cam for A4

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2018, 05:12 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tsunami v2 cam for A4

Whats up everyone, I'm looking to get more info on this cam. I am also on the corvette forums but couldn't get much info there. My car is a 2000 corvette A4 full bolt ons. Has CAI, vortex power duct, bbk 80mm throttle body, Weiand intake and full Borla exhaust w longtube headers and x-pipe. I am looking into doing a heads/cam swap soon for my car which is not a daily and is only taken out on the weekends. It's mostly street driven but I am looking for something somewhat aggressive as I do some street racing and highway cruises to car meets, events, etc. I want a big cam that will do great under the curve which is why I have come to the Tsunami and I like the 111 lsa for the choppy sound I'm also looking for. My question is, is anyone with an A4 running this cam? How well does it drive? And what stall would go well with it? I plan on getting a stall and was thinking a 4k stall should be ok but want to make sure. Also if their is anything else I am missing that I should know about when running this cam or a big cam on an A4. I will off course be getting all supporting mods for the cam. Thanks in advance..
Old 08-10-2018, 05:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

I'd say at least a 4k stall at minimum with that cam. I gear wouldn't be a bad idea either. That's a pretty big cam for a stock cube LS1. With a M6 LS1 most guys would probably run a 4.10 gear.
Old 08-10-2018, 05:56 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by HCI2000SS
I'd say at least a 4k stall at minimum with that cam. I gear wouldn't be a bad idea either. That's a pretty big cam for a stock cube LS1. With a M6 LS1 most guys would probably run a 4.10 gear.
Thanks for the quick reply! Sorry I forgot to mention I have 3.15 gears as well. Not sure if that helps with the cam but i dont plan on swapping out gears, atleast for right now that is. Maybe sometime after the swap and save up some more money I'll drop in some 3.73 or 4.10 gears.
Old 08-10-2018, 06:00 PM
Teching In

I was pretty much set on the 228r cam with a 110 lsa, but people recommended to go bigger. Then a friend of mine told me to go MS4 and not look back..... but I'm not that crazy... lol I just dont wanna get my cam installed and wished i would've gone bigger!
Old 08-10-2018, 06:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Having the correct stall will make the biggest difference by far. Even with a 3.15 gear it will still do good with the proper converter. It will just be a bit soft down lower, whereas as say a 3.73 would kind of liven it back up if that makes sense. If you ideally want to plan on keeping the stock heads and stock gear id definitely opt for something a bit smaller. In fact a smaller sized cam will most like likely outperform that T2 on your particular setup. Thats juat my opinion. If you like the big cam sound just throw in a cutout. That alone will make a 228 cam sound like a bigger cam without a cutout. Just a thought
Old 08-13-2018, 12:01 PM
The Scammer Hammer

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

This is what I was going to suggest, and it just so happens there's one for sale here...

https://ls1tech.com/forums/texas-cla...-ht-450-a.html