Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Help with 2015 Corvette Power Steering

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2019, 01:30 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with 2015 Corvette Power Steering

Im working on a project for a buddy. Its a 2015 salvage title corvette, was hit in the front (im not sure if this has any bearing on the power steering issue, but wanted to share that detail, just in case).

My buddy says the power steering wouldn't work, so he took it upon himself to try and fix it before dropping it off to me. he cut the main red power wire going into the EPS gearbox (?) in front of the engine, put a fuse block on it, and ran a wire from the fuse block straight to battery power. He also was "missing" the small connector that connects into the gearbox near the main power wire input, so he took one of those wires and spliced it straight to battery power. Says he got the steering to work for a second before it quit again.

Does anyone have a wire diagram specifically for the electric power steering system of these corvettes? I need to trace down the wires, but not sure where to start. Also, i would think there is a large fuse for the main power to the gearbox, is that true? If so, where is it located?

Also, does anyone know where I might find a pigtail connector for the small connector on the gearbox? I think its a 3 pin connector maybe?

Thanks!
Old 11-14-2019, 03:34 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bump, anyone?

Quick Reply: Help with 2015 Corvette Power Steering