Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

exhaust ????

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2004, 04:39 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default exhaust ????lookin' for the sound.....

97 vette six speed,heads-cam,tpis headers in car,random tech catted y , with corsa cat-back system....what will this setup sound like????

Last edited by more carbon; 11-01-2004 at 05:19 PM.
Old 11-01-2004, 07:30 PM
TECH Junkie

W/ the stock cam it'll sound fairly mild @ stock, but once you hit it it'll SCREAM. I think no matter what cam you've got in it w/ Corsa, it'll scream like a banshee in the top end of the revs. It should sound nice tho, IMO. Not too loud @ idle or low revving, but once you lay into 'er - look out.
Old 11-02-2004, 03:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by more carbon
97 vette six speed,heads-cam,tpis headers in car,random tech catted y , with corsa cat-back system....what will this setup sound like????
Drop the corsa and get some borla stingers or ghl bullets...... they sound way better at idle and a lot tougher at WOT....
Old 11-02-2004, 07:20 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

better idea. listen to what others have in person and decide for yourself which you like better.

to answer your question though. whoever is behind you will not like you much, but itll be fine for you. ive heard many systems just like yours. they sound very good to me. outside its loud at idle and driving, however its quiet inside when crusing. WOT runs will be very loud, but have a good tone. i like the sound i really do, but listen to what others have and decide for yourself.
Old 11-02-2004, 08:29 PM
TECH Regular

thks for help,never heard borla,what i have on the vette now is off road pipe with bassini cross x pipe and bassini cat back.with no cats it's sound is not as smooth as with a catted pipe.does anyone know how a catted bassini sounds???? maybe i can keep that cat back??? also lookin for a set of z51 springs for the vette,thks.

Quick Reply: exhaust ????