Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

question about a car?

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2004, 10:01 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default question about a car?

i saw a video the other day of a black 99 hardtop vette that said it had heads and a cam and it was racing an 03 cobra with the normal exhaust,chip,pulley,and cold air. the video was an SR production video and i was wondering what exactly the vette had done to it.The vette was pulling on the cobra really hard and the video said in the introduction that the vette was an N/A car but i am some what sceptical.anyways any information would help
Old 11-12-2004, 09:44 AM
TECH Resident

I know the video you speak of and saw the associated thread on an SVT site. The Cobra guy said he was friends with the vette dude and they both attested to the fact that the vette was NA. It did have gears I believe. There is a 600-700lb difference between the two cars and with gears that would make it a romp....and it was. I'll see if I can dig it up.
Old 11-12-2004, 10:17 AM
TECH Apprentice

I went to a track event and like 30 cobras showed up from SVT performance. They had it planned. Not one was in the 10s and some of those cars had every bolt on, bigger blowers, race gas. I mean it was sad. Out of the 30 that showed up only 5 hit 11's and they were mid 11's. My buddy has one of the most modded 03 cobras in all the land. Ported motor from a 281 to a 289, better forged pistons, stage 1 ported heads, cam, ported blower, gears, solid rear, all the bolt ons. Cant get out of the 12.0xx range. A lot of guys were in the 11's quick but they are staying there.
Old 11-12-2004, 05:29 PM
Staging Lane

thanks FLYNLO.If you could find the video for me that would be awesome. doesanyone know what that car runs and what heads and cam was he running. i ask because i am selling my truck to buy a 99-02 c5 and was wondering what i could do to it to get that kind of power other than just spraying it.I mean nitrous is great but i would like to make some power like that N/A first then spray the hell out of it

Quick Reply: question about a car?