Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Blow out with run flat tire.

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2005, 01:10 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Blow out with run flat tire.

The other day my girlfriend brough home a bolt as thick as my thumb stuck in the driver's rear tire. I went to Discount who could not fix it. On the way home it worked it's way out and the tire pressure went to zero. I was less than a mile from home. When I got home I noticed that when the bolt shot out, it ripped a good sized hole in the inner fenderwel I ordered a new run flat for it and have an extra set of WS6 17"s on the back until it comes in.
My question is, how do you get the zero reading on the heads up display to read correctly again? It keeps warning me there is zero pressure, even though I have a new rim and tire on the car. The other three guages are reading correctly. I have hit the reset button on it to no avail.
Old 04-25-2005, 04:37 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The problem is that you've removed the rim with the tire pressure sensor in it! So without that rim on there, your display will always show zero pressure until you put the wheel back on.
Old 04-25-2005, 08:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks for the info. Patman. I was unsure since I swapped both back tires/rims and the side not damaged still read right. Hey by the way, did you used to post to the Netscape newsgroup alt.camaro/firebird? I first got into the scene in the late 1990's and I remember a guy by the same name, Patman, posting alot to that site.
Old 04-26-2005, 04:41 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep, I got my start on the internet back in Jan 1996, and I was posting on that newsgroup all the time!
Old 04-26-2005, 05:08 AM
TECH Apprentice

Yeah, I thought that was you. I picked up on the internet shortly after that myself in early 97'. I had an Iroc back then, but have since had a few LT1s and most currently an 01 convertible Vette. I got alot of good info. back from those newsgroups when I first started modding my 96 WS6. I'm actually still doing things with that car as I keep the Vette stock. That is nice looking Vette you have there also.

Quick Reply: Blow out with run flat tire.