C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Lowering question

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2002, 01:17 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Lowering question

[quote]Originally posted by tim walker:
<strong>I am wanting to lower my c5 about an inch in the front and an in and a half in the back, has anyone lowered thei car more than this? My real question is; is there a way to lower it without messing with your bushings and factory screws, such as a lowering kit or anytihng. Pardon me if this has been discussed before as i am new to this board. also what does the ttt thing mean?

thanks,
tim</strong><hr></blockquote>

Several vendors sell the lowering bolts for the rear.

The front is a different story. You will have to cut the bushing in front to get what you are looking for.

I cut my bushings in the rear and retained the stock bolts. I had the bushing up front cut down to about an eight of an inch.

Here are a couple of links to show where my height is.

http://myhost.virtualgiant.com/Scott97/profile1.gif

http://myhost.virtualgiant.com/Scott97/Mov00087.mpg

TTT means To The Top
Old 03-10-2002, 08:17 PM
On The Tree

Default Re: Lowering question

Depending on what suspension option you have (Base, Z51, Z06) will determine how low you'll be able to go. For the front, just turn the adjusting bolts all the way down....if that's low enough do like i did and just remove the adjusting bolts. For the rear, loosen the adjustng bolts until you have three threads showing on top......if that's not low enough for you go to Lowes or Home Depot and buy longer bolts (need at least grade 8 bolts & nuts).
Old 03-11-2002, 12:13 AM
Teching In

Default Lowering question

I am wanting to lower my c5 about an inch in the front and an in and a half in the back, has anyone lowered thei car more than this? My real question is; is there a way to lower it without messing with your bushings and factory screws, such as a lowering kit or anytihng. Pardon me if this has been discussed before as i am new to this board. also what does the ttt thing mean?

thanks,
tim