Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

BEST Mods for a C5

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2003, 09:08 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BEST Mods for a C5

I have a 99 C5 with a corsa cat back and a lingenfelter carbon fiber airbox with a carbon fiber duct over the radiator and a NX 75 shot. I'm looking for some tips on getting more hp all motor. I was thinking heads, cam, headers, ecu, high flow cats, ported maf, ported throtle body, LS6 intake. I was wondering what people were using with the best possible results. These things cost some money so I would like to do it right the first time. I live about 1.5 hrs from baltimore, MD is there any good tuning shops close that any body would recommend for advise and to purchase products off of. I still want to use my NX kit, so I need to know if this is going to be reliable.
Old 03-09-2003, 02:09 PM
TECH Junkie

Default Re: BEST Mods for a C5

I dont know of any shops in that area, but im sure theres something out there.

And all you mention are good mods, and all will be good, considering that usually w/ a beefier cam it takes some computer mods to make it run correctly. I say do the cam, then maybe tweek w/ the computer a little w/ LS1edit or something similar, then maybe heads and headers. Try all the free mods you can to see what that'll net you. Besides, they're free so why not? lol.

But overall, the mods you list are good, and will be costly, but take your time, do each one right,and you'll be pushing some impressive #s.
Old 03-09-2003, 11:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

drive youre car to new jersy and let cartek take a look at it. they are the best on the eastside i have never seen such happy customers....2-3 hour drive ....
Old 03-10-2003, 11:37 AM
Teching In

What is LS1 edit everyone keeps talking about? Does it work for the Vette's just like the camaro's? Is there anyplace on line I can go look at this?
Old 03-10-2003, 11:40 AM
TECH Junkie

I believe its a computer program that allows you to tweek with some of the computer controlls. Try doing a search in here, or in one of the other sections, they know a little more about it then I do. Or try doing a search on google or yahoo for it. Im sure its out there somewhere
Old 03-16-2003, 10:27 PM
On The Tree

Edit allows you to change anything computer controlled, so... great for dialing in your car after heads/cam.

I would tell you that buying edit is expensive and you really need to study up on the different parameters you can change. My advice would be to just let Cartek dyno tune your car if they end up doing the wrenching.

Good luck!

Quick Reply: BEST Mods for a C5