Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Fleet Vehicle?!

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2005, 07:37 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Fleet Vehicle?!

I've got a lead on a Corvette for quite a good price, but I'm concerened about the Carfax details...

It's listed as sold at an Auction and that it was listed as a "Fleet Vehicle" at the time of sale at auction.

Is this something to be concerned about? Is this an indication that the Vette was used by a GM dealer or what? I'm worried that this could be a Vette that was used as a rental or something for people wanting a sports car to rag on for a few days while in town...how / what can i do to find out more about this?

The car is a 2000, < 30,000 miles, selling for under 15K!! Car looks immaculate, so of course you gotta figure that there is something wrong w/ it, although the owner says it's perfect, etc, etc, blah and that it has no Carfax reports of problems.

What to do? Any input would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks Guys/Gals!
Old 05-29-2005, 08:57 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think it could work that way, or maybe it was bought by a big company lookin for executive cars, and they didnt want it so it was sold to the public. For more info tho, I'd ask the dealer it was purchased from as to why its got a fleet designation (or another member thats got more sales/dealer experience can answer).

If its not leaking fluid, or comes back w/ a clean carfax and all the body panels look the same (ie none of them have that repainted look) and it shifts fine, and runs good I'd say pick 'er up.

Quick Reply: Fleet Vehicle?!