Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

throwing codes?

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2005, 10:50 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default throwing codes?

98 Vette throwing codes of Service Tire Mon System and Service Handling and Tracking system which just came on and the traction button no longer works and the little skid light is on, on the dash. Any thoughts on what these problems could be? what should I do or check?
Old 12-12-2005, 11:32 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 1BadGAGT
98 Vette throwing codes of Service Tire Mon System and Service Handling and Tracking system which just came on and the traction button no longer works and the little skid light is on, on the dash. Any thoughts on what these problems could be? what should I do or check?

Couple of quick things...

1. If your going through the gears hard,....or extreme high speeds with the active handleing left on...IT WILL THROW CODES. Turning thr car on and off quickly, should erase this code. If code stays, then you have more of a problem.

Tire monitor problem,...could be most likely due to low air in tires. Or,...the wheel sensors need to be reprogrammed,...which requires a large magnet,..and kinda sucks.

If you can get the exact code, I could help you out.

There are ways of getting the codes in your car, without useing a scanner. I just can't remember the exact sequence, since I hardley use the method since I have my own diagnostic tool.

See if you can do a search on a corvette forum....for on board diagnostics,...for the do it yourselfer...
Old 12-12-2005, 11:58 AM
TECH Senior Member

with the key in the ignition
hold down the options button
and press the fuel button 4 times
Old 12-12-2005, 12:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 2MuchRiceMakesMeSick
perfect
Old 12-12-2005, 12:58 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by V-seriesTech
Couple of quick things...

1. If your going through the gears hard,....or extreme high speeds with the active handleing left on...IT WILL THROW CODES. Turning thr car on and off quickly, should erase this code. If code stays, then you have more of a problem.

Tire monitor problem,...could be most likely due to low air in tires. Or,...the wheel sensors need to be reprogrammed,...which requires a large magnet,..and kinda sucks.

If you can get the exact code, I could help you out.

There are ways of getting the codes in your car, without useing a scanner. I just can't remember the exact sequence, since I hardley use the method since I have my own diagnostic tool.

See if you can do a search on a corvette forum....for on board diagnostics,...for the do it yourselfer...
This car is an automatic. I'll check the air pressure, maybe it could be because i have a bulge in the front tire looks like from road rash or something. Could be causing that message to be displayed? The traction control button won't even work now don't do anything when i hit it and the light with the car skidding stays on.
Old 12-12-2005, 12:59 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 2MuchRiceMakesMeSick
Thanks I will try this tonight
Old 12-13-2005, 06:41 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 1BadGAGT
This car is an automatic. I'll check the air pressure, maybe it could be because i have a bulge in the front tire looks like from road rash or something. Could be causing that message to be displayed? The traction control button won't even work now don't do anything when i hit it and the light with the car skidding stays on.

Ok. The bulge, in my opinion would cause the pressure to be off in the tire(s). Get rid of that thing man,...not safe. Is it saying you have LOW PRESSURE? If so, what happens when you put air in it? Go away or no?

Check the code, and post it.

Let me know pimpin

Quick Reply: throwing codes?