Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

very easy stereo upgrade for vette

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2006, 08:24 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default very easy stereo upgrade for vette

heres a very easy installation i did for my vette on a stereo upgrade, i use the factory stereo , speakers , add on some tweets, you have to make a box and install a trim panel so it will look good, hook up a small amplifier off rear speakers and install 12 inch sub in the box and trim panel i use a amp with a bass **** to adjust bass at your finger tips. this box will also come in and out with ease!! this unit weighs appr 45lbs but can be taken out when it comes to racing , etc. this sounds great not too much bass almost a perfect sound you would think GM designed it this way for a reason.
Attached Thumbnails very easy stereo upgrade for vette-z06-system.jpg  
Old 03-19-2006, 08:52 PM
TECH Resident

How is the amplifier interfaced with the factory stereo? Doesnt sound like that sub would put out what a 12" sub should without some type of sophisticated interfacing?!
Old 03-19-2006, 09:04 PM
Teching In

Default amp

Originally Posted by marcus769
How is the amplifier interfaced with the factory stereo? Doesnt sound like that sub would put out what a 12" sub should without some type of sophisticated interfacing?!
the new mtx line has built in high level to low level configuring, it comes with rca's on one end and speaker level on the other end of rca, you just plug it in and adjust the input sensitivity .. p.s. the sub will thump hard. thats over 500 watts rms to a dual voice coil 12 inch mtx 8000 sub. this sub only needs one cubic foot to be effiecient .
Old 03-19-2006, 09:13 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by ndeas
the new mtx line has built in high level to low level configuring, it comes with rca's on one end and speaker level on the other end of rca, you just plug it in and adjust the input sensitivity .. p.s. the sub will thump hard. thats over 500 watts rms to a dual voice coil 12 inch mtx 8000 sub. this sub only needs one cubic foot to be effiecient .
500rms would be plenty for me! Where did you get this? I've hooked up a ton of radios, but NEVER to a stock head unit, so i guess this has me confused. Without having the special preouts from the radio, i just dont see how the amp can have so much power? My pioneer has 4 volts of juice for the preouts.. Where does this power come from without having preouts on the radio?

Thanks for the post! I will keep this in mind for sure!
Old 03-19-2006, 09:30 PM
Teching In

actually this set up will have more power than the 4 volt, because your taking amplified power by the stock radio and then converting it internally in the amp to low level. so the amp is actually seeing a hot signal . you can get this amp anywhere but i got mine at the car stereo warehouse in charlotte n.c. its a mono sub amp only

Quick Reply: very easy stereo upgrade for vette