Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

2000 corvette computer reprogramer

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2006, 02:01 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 corvette computer reprogramer

I have a 2000 Corvette, is there a recomendation on which performance computer reprogrammer is better than another. Hypertech seems to be the most popular. thanks, Dale
Old 05-01-2006, 06:55 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Whether choosing a hand held or laptop software, you are only guessing when making changes. The best way is to have scan/log software and find out what needs to be changed, make the changes, scan again and make fine tune as necessary. Handhelds offer limited changes but usually keep you from completely destroying an engine. The software packages give you wider flexibility and come with decent scan software. Bottom line the best tuning equipment is the one you use correctly.

The more changes you make to the engine, the more advanced the tuning software needed. Hand helds start about 350-450. Software packages are in the 550-850 range.

In a stock corvette, the only reason to get a handheld is to change fans and A4 timing. You might make a few hp on a dyno, but after the computer goes through all the cycles (about 200 miles) the gains are often lost. You would be better to add a good cold air package for about the same money
Old 05-02-2006, 06:36 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by classic396
I have a 2000 Corvette, is there a recomendation on which performance computer reprogrammer is better than another. Hypertech seems to be the most popular. thanks, Dale

I have a diablosport custom dyno tune on my Predator. It works great, and I can change my tune just about anytime. Besides that, I use it more for the diagnostic capabilities. I can check, monitor, and scan and clear codes on it. I personally like it alot, cause it does alot of what my $2500 tech II scan tool does. For the price, you can't really beat it. However, I do highly recommend cars get tuned on the dyno. If your car is mostly stock, and you don't forsee crazy mods, get the tool, put it into your pcm, and enjoy.

J

Quick Reply: 2000 corvette computer reprogramer