Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Help! C5 Wiring (02 Sensor).....

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2007, 03:04 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Help! C5 Wiring (02 Sensor).....

Ok... here it goes...

The factory wiring (passenger side) for the pigtail of the male and female (close to the PCM) seems to go like this...

Male..................Female.........Letter

Tan...................Green..........A

Purple................Purple..........B

Black.................Black...........C

Red/Brown..........Blue............D

Now the plugs I just bought have some of the wires mixed and go like this....

Male.................Female.........Letter

Tan..................Blue.............A

Purple...............Purple..........B

Black................Black...........C

Pink.................Green...........D

I am so confused on how to wire this up and what route to take. I don't even know if the wires on the car right now are correct but they sure look like factory plugs and wiring. Heres a few pics...

Factory Female (supposeably)...

Replacement Male and Female... Green and Blue wires don't match letter sockets according to what's on the car.

Replacement Male and Factory Female...

Any other pics need of combinations or whatever just let me know... the factory female is basically burnt to a crisp when I found it and the female obviously has the green wire cut.

If anyone can help me figure out this headache I would really appreciate it. Thanks!
Old 10-30-2007, 07:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Purple wire is the O2 mV signal I'm pretty sure. The other ones are a ground and a power and ground for the heater. Not sure of the other colors off the top of my head. The cut wire is probably one for the heater. Stupid to cut it.. lol

I wouldn't care about the colors on the replacement plug at all. I would wire it pin for pin on the original. Say if the green wire (the one cut) was A, then I would make it go to A regardless of the color on the replacement plug.

How was the car runinng? like crap? if not then the O2 wires were most likely in the right orientation (regardless of the heater one) Mine recently hit the ground and broke. Car ran like complete ***...
Old 10-30-2007, 08:04 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve01SS
The cut wire is probably one for the heater. Stupid to cut it.. lol
ya that's what i'm thinking... and yes the previoius owner is a complete fool for cutting that and botching many other things with this car

Originally Posted by Steve01SS

How was the car runinng? like crap? if not then the O2 wires were most likely in the right orientation (regardless of the heater one) Mine recently hit the ground and broke. Car ran like complete ***...
ya is throwing a code... and runnin like **** for the most part