Forget the idea, just keep the 2002 Z28
14.58%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Get Paid or Get C5 Z06??

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 05:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

While I appriciate the input the question was not whether or not to get a flood car. The only Z06 I would get would be a flood vehicle and I have ZERO concern with that. The guy I do the part time work for is one of the premier Corvette restoration experts in the country. I will have no more problems with a flood car than I would with any other GM car and even if I did he'd make it right. I can afford a Z06 ONLY because it is a flood and the guy I do the work for will fix it and sell it to me at almost 1/2 of what a non flood car would cost. You get into issues with flood cars when they are not repaired properly and when it is time to resell them neither of which is a concern for me.

The question I am asking is whether or not you would take the car instead of getting paid or try and save the pay to buy the car later.

Thanks for the input though
-Mike
Old 11-15-2007, 05:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Humm_MeSUT
I'm all for you getting a Z but taking the car and working to pay it off is just asking for a major issue to possibly pop up.... you could have a disagreement with the person or something else could happen and want to quit and they could hold the car over your head. Not saying it would happen but legally he would own the car since you wouldnt have the title and could scam you..... you need to make sure you are covered in all aspects these days.
Just save for one.
Old 11-28-2007, 04:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Sounds like you have had good dealings in the past with your employer, so why not.

Just don't get a car that was to badly damaged.
Old 11-29-2007, 11:34 PM
Teching In

I think Corvettes are the best, but honestly, it would be a good idea to get paid in my opinion. You can always buy a Vette later!

Quick Reply: Get Paid or Get C5 Z06??