C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Whats with tuner shops?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 04:49 PM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jdaniel
I didnt get it. I dont know what the deal is with the email. I will be looking for it though.
Cool, i just resent it to you. Thanks. Bob
Old 11-28-2007, 09:21 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

J,

Do yourself a favor...call John Paige @ 21Century Muscle Cars in Carrolton, TX....(Dallas).

John Lingenfelter's son in law. Check out either website, Lingenfelter or 21CMC. You won't be sorry.

Old 12-25-2007, 12:01 AM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Jdaniel you need to stick with Bob at EPP. Trust me when I say it. He is the only person to deal with. I have dealt with one of the big name 3 letter shops in Texas and I was not impressed. Bob at www.exoticperformanceplus.com is where its at. I have yet to hear anything negative about Bob and his crew.

I only deal with Bob. No one else.
Old 12-25-2007, 09:30 AM
10 Second Club

Thanks, guys... but I shipped the car to NJ for Cartek to tear into it. They had by far the best customer service and didnt treat me like someone who was your basic tire kicker. Julian had quotes to me hours after I called and put up with my every question. I havent even driven the car yet (wont be out of Iraq for leave till the 15th of Jan) but I would recommend them to anyone based off of their customer service and previous reputation which they have upheld for so long. Here is a list im doing for starters and before I leave here for good... they will be installing a 427ci for me.

Cartek Stage 4X heads. Includes, full porting heads intake, exhaust, and combustion
chamber, Manley sever duty stainless valves, 2.02 intake, 1.57 exhasut, seals, Manley dual springs, spring seats, seals, titanium retainers, milled .030, cleaned and assembled.

Custom grind Cartek Stage 2X Cam computer verified.

Cromoly hardened push rods.

Cometic heavy duty head gaskets.

Port intake to stage 4X.

ASP under drive pulley with belts.

Roll master dual roller timing chain.

Z06 oil pump setup for the roll master.

FAST 3 piece intake manifold ported with a 90MM throttle opening.
Requires a 90MM Throttle body.

LS2 throttle body.

Porting throttle body.

Miscellaneous parts, gaskets, bolts, fluids, etc.

ECU Reprogram 97-2004 LS1 full dyno tune.

Notch piston for clearance.

Complete NX system installed includes, NX wet kit with 10# bottle, purge, MSD digital RPM window switch, timing retard module, custom switch panel with micro switches and LED lights, all wires, Bosch relays, and labor to install. Also includes, blow down tube, full throttle switch, Kenny Bell Boostapump, and NGK TR6 spark plugs.

Nano kit.

install new 4.10 gears.

C5 and C6 passenger side 300M out put shaft with side gear.

Hardened out put shaft.

C5 line lock kit includes pre-bent line with braided flex hose, inline line lock solenoid, and switch installed.

Vararam intake

GM Racing spark plug wires

160* thermostat

New Coolant crossover

The reason I was gonna go FI was because I didnt like how in order to operate N20 you had to have a bottle heater and wait for the pressure to get right and what not. Well, Julian turned me on to the NANO Nitrous and I read into it a lot and decided it was a perfect setup. Ive always wanted a nitrous car, but didnt like the fact that I had to wait for the bottle to heat and the loss of pressure and what not. So this is what i ended up with and I CANNOT WAIT to get home and see what it is like! Im really excited!!!

Last edited by jdaniel; 12-25-2007 at 11:46 AM.
Old 12-25-2007, 09:31 PM

I was about to ask about the Procharger until I read the last paragraph. I'll be on leave around the 18th of January. I'll come check you out. Good luck with the project.
Old 12-25-2007, 09:42 PM
12 Second Club

Interesting that the build does not include (?) an upgraded fuel pump. Are they going to guarantee the power output on that? I'm wondering if it will meet your goals considering you were originally going to go FI.

What about a warranty on the work? I was going to suggest Lingenfelter based partly on their 2/24 warranty and also on the joy a friend of mine takes in his 383... built by Lingenfelter 13 years ago, and still running strong.

Any monitoring ability in what you went with? I'd like a wideband O2 and a fuel pressure gauge at a minimum, if not EGT.
Old 12-26-2007, 06:12 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Boodyrider
Interesting that the build does not include (?) an upgraded fuel pump. Are they going to guarantee the power output on that? I'm wondering if it will meet your goals considering you were originally going to go FI.

What about a warranty on the work? I was going to suggest Lingenfelter based partly on their 2/24 warranty and also on the joy a friend of mine takes in his 383... built by Lingenfelter 13 years ago, and still running strong.

Any monitoring ability in what you went with? I'd like a wideband O2 and a fuel pressure gauge at a minimum, if not EGT.

Im going to do the wideband O2 sensor too. I may see if Julian will do that before it leaves from there. Im also going to talk to him about the warranty stuff when it gets completed. They didnt do the bottom end so all I reallt have to worry about is a head gasket. They are doing #38 lb injectors and a KB Boost-a-pump. That should be more than enough fuel considering im doing a wet shot. Thats all I had upgraded (60lb injectors though) in my Cobra and I was doing 650 rwhp.

Urban,

I probably wont have the car back in TX till June when I go on my 30 day leave and im not sure them if im going to take it back. Im buying a place in Heights... so I may take it back there and give a friend the key and let him take care of it.
Old 12-26-2007, 09:06 AM
Dumb Ass Vette Moderator

Cartek is a great shop and you will not go wrong with them. Funny you mention tire kickers..... I was at the shop where I have my car at right now and we talking about tire kickers. It is amazing how many of them they get a day to deal with. The owner was saying that it takes about half his day dealing with them.

Keith
Old 12-26-2007, 10:51 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by ls1290
Cartek is a great shop and you will not go wrong with them. Funny you mention tire kickers..... I was at the shop where I have my car at right now and we talking about tire kickers. It is amazing how many of them they get a day to deal with. The owner was saying that it takes about half his day dealing with them.

Keith
So far they have really impressed me! They are the only ones that treated me like a person. I mean so what if they are tire kickers out there. If you treat them right they may send business your way reguardless if they never used you. But the thing I hated was that in every email or phone call I made to the tuners I had a simple request... that was to make me an ITEMIZED LIST of what im paying for. Only three shops out of the 10+ shops I contacted did this for me. All the others just wrote Heads, cam, shortblock, Procharger... $25000. I didnt like that at all.

Anyhoo... Im hoping to make about 460 to the wheels on all motor and a little over 600 on the spray. I guess we will see when time comes. It should be on the dyno this coming Friday I hope and Julian is going to post up a video of all the work for me. I cant wait!!!
Old 12-26-2007, 11:35 PM
10 Second Club

I saw that red car there today......................
Old 12-27-2007, 03:06 AM
10 Second Club

What did it look like? HAHA! I cant wait to see the pics and the video that julian is doing!!!
Old 12-27-2007, 04:46 AM
10 Second Club

Smile

I've seen it at the shop as well ...might be stopping by there tomorrow, I'll check on it's progress.
Old 12-27-2007, 05:52 AM
10 Second Club

Thanks a lot, man! I will be looking forward to it.
Old 01-02-2008, 11:22 PM

Any updates?
Old 01-03-2008, 01:25 AM
10 Second Club

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Urban Legend
Any updates?
I was there today, the car is almost all done and is lookin' good ...that nitrous set up is going to be very trick.
Old 01-03-2008, 02:50 AM
10 Second Club

Thanks a lot, LS1LT1! I have been trying to leave Julian and the guys alone because Lord knows I have bothered him to the point of insanity probably. LOL I was gonna call in about three days or so. I leave out of here on the night of the 9th... so im hoping I get to see a few pics or the video before I leave. I wont have the net for about a week (when I get to GA) after I leave Taji. I cant wait to get it back and throw the CCWs on it I bought so long ago! LOL

Quick Reply: Whats with tuner shops?