Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Instrument guage lights not working at night?????

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2008 | 07:29 AM
TECH Regular

Default Instrument guage lights not working at night?????

Just purchased a new vette yesterday and discovered last night that the Instrument guage lights and radio lights are not working. COuld this be a bad fuse or what?
Old 02-14-2010 | 11:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have a car at the shop that is doing the same thing. I have not had a chance to look into it just yet.

This car is also have problems with the windshield washer pump staying on it you leave it plugged in.
Old 02-25-2010 | 12:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by texada
Just purchased a new vette yesterday and discovered last night that the Instrument guage lights and radio lights are not working. COuld this be a bad fuse or what?
Fuse #6 passenger footwell.

Let me know if that works, if not, I;ll need some more details to figure things out.
Old 02-25-2010 | 12:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Formulized94
I have a car at the shop that is doing the same thing. I have not had a chance to look into it just yet.

This car is also have problems with the windshield washer pump staying on it you leave it plugged in.

Probably got clogged utters (black tubes) hanging down for drains. Probably clogged with leaves not allowing water to drain.
Old 02-25-2010 | 01:48 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by texada
If it's a new Corvette schedule a trip to the dealer. Warranty work.
Old 02-25-2010 | 01:58 PM
On The Tree

So they work during the day?

Like someone said, if it's under warranty take it to the dealer. If not, check for fuses.
Old 02-25-2010 | 10:54 PM
9 Second Club

If you gauge lights are not coming on there is a good chance that your parkign lights and tail lights are also not working. This is a serious problem when you are driving at night (obviously). The problem comes from a contactor in the multifunction switch, otherwise known as the headlight/turnsignal/cruise switch. There is a very detailed thread in the CF that shows how to remove, disassemble and repair the multifunction switch. I have fixed mine.... three times. It seems that little brass contactor is getting weak on mine.
Old 02-26-2010 | 04:09 AM
TECH Addict

Yep it's likely the multifunction switch on the left side of the steering column. Mine did the same thing. Worked fine then all the sudden it didn't. I replaced with a nice used one but at that time they didn't have a fix for it. It's not a hard fix. Hardest part is getting the column shell off without breaking it and getting the driver bit into the screws

P.S. mine happened while i was on a date, right at dusk and i was 35 miles from my house. I Drove back roads and got it home before it got too dark but i'm glad i installed HUD cause i could't see the guage cluster very well

Quick Reply: Instrument guage lights not working at night?????