Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Driveline Strength?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2008, 06:05 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Driveline Strength?

My Vette has a built diff with pretty much everything in it hardened ( beyond a stage 3 DTE). With that being said what would be the next issue in the driveline if one were to arise. I know I'm not making all that much power now but with a forged engine my goal would be roughly 650rwhp and I just don't want to be replacing torque tubes, diffs, or any other driveline parts everytime I hook really hard with that kind of power. Any help would be appreciated, Thanks!
Old 03-13-2008, 09:43 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you already have a built rear diff and DTE brace and I assume you have swapped the clutch, then the next thing that will go will be your transmission. My car has a Tex clutch, DTE rear and brace, upgraded torque tube bushings, and now my tranny is going out. I think it is the synchros. This is with 560 rwhp and several 1.6 60's at the track.
It's the price you pay to go fast.
Old 03-13-2008, 10:38 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't have any other driveline mods except for the built diff. I know going fast costs money but there are ways around some of the expenses, like a cheaper car. haha I love the vette but if it starts to break rears a lot then I will definately be a poor SOB!

Quick Reply: Driveline Strength?