Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

What MAS do i have?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2008 | 07:52 AM
TECH Regular

Default What MAS do i have?

hey everyone, i bought my C5 and they told me it was a Granetelli MAS on it well i was cleaning my Blackwing and took off the MAS and noticed it didn't say that at all, it looks to me like a stock GM MAS but i dunno

It says DELPHI 25168491 on it and the I.D. of the MAS measures 89mm, and also had the honeycomb screen in it. I took that out, was that a good idea if i go with a "dry N20" setup? i just thought that screen might of made the flow more even so the MAS could do a better job?

Thanks!
Old 07-21-2008 | 05:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Ksths2
hey everyone, i bought my C5 and they told me it was a Granetelli MAS on it well i was cleaning my Blackwing and took off the MAS and noticed it didn't say that at all, it looks to me like a stock GM MAS but i dunno

It says DELPHI 25168491 on it and the I.D. of the MAS measures 89mm, and also had the honeycomb screen in it. I took that out, was that a good idea if i go with a "dry N20" setup? i just thought that screen might of made the flow more even so the MAS could do a better job?

Thanks!

Mass
Air
Fow

Meter

"MAF" i believe they call it in the industry. The MAF is fine, although if your gonna descreen it, you might as well go with a Z06 unscreened unit. I run a CTS-V SCREEN'd maf,...which is the same as GM trucks,..etc.

And unless you have a ***** to the walls dry setup, i'd STRONGLY have a WET kit installed properly.
Old 07-23-2008 | 07:57 AM
Dumb Ass Vette Moderator

If you change or 'modify' the MAF sensor, you need to change the programming in the PCM accordingly. Different MAFs have different calibrations. This is true even for the ZO6 MAFs. 01-02 MAFs are different than 03+ MAFs. If you modify the MAF by removing the existing screen or 'porting' it, this will change the flow characteristics and the MAF table in the PCM will need to be tweaked. Simply changing something in regards to the MAF and not changing the PCM will cause more harm than good.

Keith

Quick Reply: What MAS do i have?