TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JudgeGuns
were they Latinos or white guys ?
Yeah...da hood spillover !
Old 09-22-2008, 05:32 PM
TECH Addict

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

My best friend used to work downtown Chicago back around 2000. One day he was in his then brand new Dodge Durango and had the same situation as the OP where three or four guys were blocking the street in front of him. Well, he knew exactly what they were trying to do and wasn't having any of it!! He didn't give a damn what happened to his car so he floored it and aimed right toward one of the thugs.

Once they realized what he was doing they all scattered, but he kept a bead on the one he was originally aiming for. The guy ran into an adjacent alley and got away but my buddy said he had every intention of ramming him if he could have.
Old 09-27-2008, 02:57 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BrntWS6
My best friend used to work downtown Chicago back around 2000. One day he was in his then brand new Dodge Durango and had the same situation as the OP where three or four guys were blocking the street in front of him. Well, he knew exactly what they were trying to do and wasn't having any of it!! He didn't give a damn what happened to his car so he floored it and aimed right toward one of the thugs.

Once they realized what he was doing they all scattered, but he kept a bead on the one he was originally aiming for. The guy ran into an adjacent alley and got away but my buddy said he had every intention of ramming him if he could have.
I live in Chicago. This city sucks because you can't have CCW, LET ALONE A HANDGUN (Although all the criminals have them). When I'm out of Crook, oops I mean Cook County, my Florida CCW and my S&W M&P 45acp with Federal Premium 230gr hollowpoints follow me through most of my travels.
Old 09-27-2008, 01:03 PM
Teching In

If they dont get out of the way when I drop a gear and the pipes bark, then thats their problem. BTW, try to hit them along the outside edge so when the roll over the hood they hit the windshield frame. You run less risk of cracking your windshield this way.
Old 09-27-2008, 08:08 PM
TECH Resident

Wow, this happened in FL? I guess the Vette could be considered a "hot" car in more ways than one. Glad to hear the passenger is going to be ok.
Old 09-27-2008, 08:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

not to be an *******....but was your friend or brother in law affiliated with any gangs or were into drugs? how do you know it was an atrempted carjacking and not a hit out on your friend?

let us know about what happens with he investigation? did the story make the paper?
Old 09-27-2008, 09:57 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by slayerized6
not to be an *******....but was your friend or brother in law affiliated with any gangs or were into drugs? how do you know it was an atrempted carjacking and not a hit out on your friend?

let us know about what happens with he investigation? did the story make the paper?
His uncle was in the hospital and ask him to drive 1 car each weekend to keep the batterys up (he had 3 hot rods). That was the first night and the first car. This dude is an x marine and our hardest worker...no drug head.
Old 11-21-2008, 10:53 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by greentahoe
The heat from the firing of the bullet will destroy any legitimate print on the casing. Your best bet is an ID. It alot easier when they are dead. Sad to say. Sadder that they are that stupid to try to jack a car with onstar, wouldnt make it down the street before they shut the car down. That being said I carry a a 40cal glock and a 40 cal sub compact in my waistband. Until enough people complain, the court system will continue to let these scum out after 2 - 3 days. I know. Put a guy away for carjacking and arrested him again 3 days later for selling crack. I demanded prison time on this one. They didnt even speak with me on the last, he was out on bail
i'm pretty sure your oils on your fingers burn an impression that does not come off even after firing.
Old 11-22-2008, 12:08 PM
Staging Lane

The heat from the firing of the bullet will destroy any legitimate print on the casing.

That was the accepted idea for quite awhile. However, a new method to visualize latent prints has been developed. It is based on the development of microscopic metal corrosion induced via oils secreted on the fingerprints. This corrosion would appear as "branding" on the casing, and it is resistant to heat degradation. It is quite a novel concept, and it has been used successfully after dusting and fuming have revealed negative visual results.
Old 11-22-2008, 01:18 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by FSTPOON
That was the accepted idea for quite awhile. However, a new method to visualize latent prints has been developed. It is based on the development of microscopic metal corrosion induced via oils secreted on the fingerprints. This corrosion would appear as "branding" on the casing, and it is resistant to heat degradation. It is quite a novel concept, and it has been used successfully after dusting and fuming have revealed negative visual results.
FST...is that build done yet ? Frickin awesome.

Pitt
Old 11-22-2008, 01:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BlownVette 2001
Sorry to hear about this incident. I'm really careful when I travel to new areas and always lock the doors.

Glad things weren't any worse and hope the brother in law makes a full recovery.
locking your doors in a vert makes no sense

im suprised this thread is still going. glad to hear the guy is gunna make a full recovery. he'll have a nice story to tell at thanksgiving dinner and for many other occasions to come.
Old 11-22-2008, 02:10 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by slayerized6
locking your doors in a vert makes no sense

im suprised this thread is still going. glad to hear the guy is gunna make a full recovery. he'll have a nice story to tell at thanksgiving dinner and for many other occasions to come.
Yeah, I just noticed it popped up today
Old 11-22-2008, 02:44 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by pittman
FST...is that build done yet ? Frickin awesome.

Pitt
Thanks!!
It is coming right along... We were waiting on a few parts to come in, and they did, so they just finished mounting the tranny to the diff and engine...Ron should be posting more pictures this coming week! We still have a lot to do..turbo piping, wiring, etc. I am hoping that it should be ready by Christmas. I have been very good this year so that Vengeance..er, Santa can leave a present under my tree! Will keep ya posted!
Old 11-22-2008, 06:32 PM
TECH Addict

Thanks!!
It is coming right along... We were waiting on a few parts to come in, and they did, so they just finished mounting the tranny to the diff and engine...Ron should be posting more pictures this coming week! We still have a lot to do..turbo piping, wiring, etc. I am hoping that it should be ready by Christmas. I have been very good this year so that Vengeance..er, Santa can leave a present under my tree! Will keep ya posted!
Yeah, do that. I hear good things about them (Vengeance).

Pitt
Old 11-22-2008, 07:38 PM
TECH Addict

what road in op was it i live right over the bridge
Old 11-22-2008, 07:56 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by my bandit
what road in op was it i live right over the bridge
It was in Jax...on 103rd Street, west of I-295 (Intersection of Ricker Road)
Old 11-23-2008, 11:38 AM
TECH Addict

First I'm glad your friend will be alright. Semper FI. Whenever a situation goes to crap I always hope I've got another Marine with me. As for the above captioned quote if this is the case FDLE doesn't know about it. I speak with a substantial amount of experience in this area.The fact of the matter is Law Enforcement is overwhelmed and the restrictions placed on us is making it more and more difficult. The only thing more powerful than a defense attorney's forked tongue is public outcry. Write your representative's and in today's society think of you and your family first. Due to recent events in my area I know carry an AR15 in my trunk. I will not be a victim. The press goes through great lengths to demonize law enforcement, but keeps the public in the dark as to the conditions of the areas they live in. Wrong forum I know, but this is something everyone needs to know.
Old 11-24-2008, 01:19 PM
Staging Lane

... As for the above captioned quote if this is the case FDLE doesn't know about it. I speak with a substantial amount of experience in this area...

Not to start a pissing match, but since we are quoting tertiary sources, my boyfriend has a little experience with this, also For your reading pleasure:

Journal of Forensic Sciences (DOI: 10.1111/j.1556-4029.2008.00738.x)

I thought FDLE would be all over this, but since it is fairly new technology, not many are in the know

How is that Kenne Bell c6 "kit" coming along?

I hear that someone has finally gotten tired of waiting:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-f...-05-07-c6.html

Last edited by FSTPOON; 11-24-2008 at 01:58 PM.
Old 11-24-2008, 08:24 PM
TECH Addict

Not to start a pissing match, but since we are quoting tertiary sources, my boyfriend has a little experience with this, also For your reading pleasure:

Journal of Forensic Sciences (DOI: 10.1111/j.1556-4029.2008.00738.x)

I thought FDLE would be all over this, but since it is fairly new technology, not many are in the know

How is that Kenne Bell c6 "kit" coming along?

I hear that someone has finally gotten tired of waiting:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-f...-05-07-c6.html
I have more than a little experience unfortunately. I would love it if FDLE had this. It would make life much easier for me. Maybe they do. If they do, they lied to Bernie McCabe and Charles Crist, but who knows. It takes 6-8 months to get prints or DNA samples back from them.Ya Im going with the Vengeance Mod :-) Ive never had a quick NA car so Im going with the whole package from them. Im hoping I get what Im hoping for :-)
Old 11-24-2008, 08:57 PM
TECH Addict

First I'm glad your friend will be alright. Semper FI. Whenever a situation goes to crap I always hope I've got another Marine with me. As for the above captioned quote if this is the case FDLE doesn't know about it. I speak with a substantial amount of experience in this area.The fact of the matter is Law Enforcement is overwhelmed and the restrictions placed on us is making it more and more difficult. The only thing more powerful than a defense attorney's forked tongue is public outcry. Write your representative's and in today's society think of you and your family first. Due to recent events in my area I know carry an AR15 in my trunk. I will not be a victim. The press goes through great lengths to demonize law enforcement, but keeps the public in the dark as to the conditions of the areas they live in. Wrong forum I know, but this is something everyone needs to know.
Well Green, if they try you....I hope you make it to your trunk because the jails are full enough (personally I just reach about 4" from my right hand).

Pitt

Quick Reply: Carjack Attempt