tips for a newb......

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 12:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Location: Home town Clive,IA current town FORT BENNING GEORGIA
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tips for a newb......

hey guys, i've just finally got some free time now that i can start going to the track a little bit.i was going to see if any of you guys have any pointers on run a good E.T. to tell you a little about my self im not bad when it comes to sliding and corning.... but when it comes to a straight line i tend to miss gears like its my job ;( i know DRIVER MOD....

Now a litttle about the car, its a 2000 camaro ss it has a stock t-56 with a pro 5.0 shifter, its got the stock 10 bolt with 3.42's and 275 nitto's on the back the motor isnt bad it has prc 5.3 heads, ms3 on 113lsa, jet hot long tubes, slp under drive pulley, catch can, ory, dual dual cat back, raptor shift light.... YES IT TUNE ATLEAST A MAIL ORDER TUNE. now that i've been driving around with it taking it out alot of people are trying to race me but im extremely scared of messing up giving my car a bad rep... its a nice car but it seems faster when noones around to see i know i know... if any one has any tips for the track street anything the car mainly sees straight aways with the few interstate passes(hondas) not my idea......
Old 06-07-2009, 12:48 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

do like a 2k sidestep off the line.. go on the 3rd yellow.. dont wait for green.

if you must granny shift, then do it.. to make sure you dont miss a gear. to hit 4th easiest pull it into forth with the back of your hand facing you, instead of your palm.

and be easy on the 10bolt, and you have to do a pretty decent burnout to get those nitto's sticky enough to hook.