Almost in the 11s

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2013, 04:43 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Almost in the 11s

I went to the track this past weekend and finally got to run my car on the bottle. As you can see in my sig its just a simple bolt ons and spray car with a 6spd. My best slip of the day reads this:
R/T. .202
60' 2.211
330' 5.464
1/8 8.060
MPH 96.14
1000' 10.276
1/4 12.135
MPH 121.69

I'm pretty pleased with the performance. The speed is great but my 60' is terrible. Everytime I launched the tires were to sticky and the car kept falling on its face. I tried bumping up the tire pres and that helped a little. I got a decent launch at 3500 rpm but it was still boggin a little so I tried 4k and blew the tires off. They were Nitto 555s 275/50-15s. Any advice would be much appreciated.
Old 11-12-2013, 02:44 AM
11 Second Club

Advice? Get rid of the 555R's. They are a glorified street tire in all honesty lol. Running them with that power at the track will not net you good results, as you've obviously already experienced. Grab a set of Hoosier's or M/T's and you won't regret it. Are you still on the stock rear? Are you spraying out of the hole? How are you launching; slipping the clutch, dumping it, etc?

You have a good trap, but like you said the 60' is atrocious. Aside from the tires, a little suspension work will help you keep the tires planted as well. Any suspension mods done? With a 1.6-1.7 60' the car is capable of very low 11's and maybe even high 10's.
Old 11-12-2013, 02:56 AM
10 Second Club

Yeah those tires weren't my first choice but they came on the wheels when I got them so I figured I run em anyway. Yes still on a bone stock rearend and no I wasn't sprayin outta the hole. About 100' out was when it was kickin on. And I was dumping the clutch at several different rpms.

Also a bone stock suspension but I'm gettin some lcas, the relo brackets for them, panhard, and possibly tq arm and relo bracket for it too. I was thinking about going back out in a week or so and trying slipping the clutch and also spraying sooner.
Old 11-12-2013, 03:08 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by SoonerBrad88
Yeah those tires weren't my first choice but they came on the wheels when I got them so I figured I run em anyway. Yes still on a bone stock rearend and no I wasn't sprayin outta the hole. About 100' out was when it was kickin on. And I was dumping the clutch at several different rpms.

Also a bone stock suspension but I'm gettin some lcas, the relo brackets for them, panhard, and possibly tq arm and relo bracket for it too. I was thinking about going back out in a week or so and trying slipping the clutch and also spraying sooner.
Stock rearend = glass which I'm sure you already know. I wouldn't get better tires until that is upgraded. Stock suspension is definitely holding you back, car will plant much harder with what you have mentioned. But keep in mind that will put more stress on the rear as well. With the spray, that thing is a ticking time bomb.

Dumping the clutch is not really a good technique for DR's with your current setup, slicks would be a different story. I agree that you should go back and quickly slip the clutch. Try different RPM's to see where you can get the car to hook. I launched my bolt-on car at around 5K and slipped it, netted me a 1.63 60' on some 275/50/15 Hoosier's. I would start around 3500 and get a feel for it then adjust the rpm accordingly. I would probably keep the spray where it is at right now until you are comfortable launching the car and can get it to 60' more efficiently. Once you have done that, then have it come on sooner and make any driving adjustments you may need.

Seat time is your friend, I'm sure with enough passes you will get the car figured out. Start saving for a 9" though, you'll need it soon enough lol.
Old 11-12-2013, 04:11 AM
10 Second Club

Haha yeah the rearend fund is slowly growing. I figure run this stock one till she goes and hope for the best. And that's definitely what I'll do and try spraying a little sooner. Thats a really impressive 60' for an M6 car. I'd love to land one of those

Quick Reply: Almost in the 11s