One other problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2005, 02:09 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default One other problem

My other problem last night was that I would almost cross the line in 3rd gear. I either hit my rev limiter, or I had to shift to 4th right before the line. Either way I lost speed at that point. Would a tune or like a power programmer be able to push back the rev limiter just to give me enough RPM to cross the line in 3rd?
Old 06-02-2005, 02:35 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by HyperliteSS
My other problem last night was that I would almost cross the line in 3rd gear. I either hit my rev limiter, or I had to shift to 4th right before the line. Either way I lost speed at that point. Would a tune or like a power programmer be able to push back the rev limiter just to give me enough RPM to cross the line in 3rd?
My hypertech programmer allows me to up the rev limiter to 6600 rpm's. However I don't know if this would be enough to pull you through the finish in 3rd gear. I have an auto, but I'm sure someone on here will reply with some good advice about that. Have you thought about getting gears? You would have to switch in to fourth for sure, but at least you would be pulling some through the finish. I'll let an M6 guy answer this one though.
Old 06-02-2005, 03:59 PM
10 Second Club

I shift into 4th right before the finish line if I don't I lose about 3 mph. I shifted to 4th with my stock rev limiter and still shift with the limiter set at 6800.