First Time @ Strip This Weekend :)

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2006, 08:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First Time @ Strip This Weekend :)

Well I'm finally making it to the stip this weekend (Thunder Valley Dragways in Marion, SD). I had always planned to go with my old car and am finally making it in my new LS1. Looking forward to seeing what she does all stock before I do some bolt-ons, I'm expecting low 14's considering it's my first time racing on the track, but maybe I can pull off high 13's. My car kinda hooks like crap with the tires the last guy left on, they are almost brand new Goodyear Eagle GS Tires but for some reason I can't get traction worth a damn unless I feather it until 15-20 MPH and I still chirp second and sometimes third.

Looking for any advice to get a decent launch, will post up a timeslip after the Friday night races... I'm basically going to be going against imports considering it's Sioux Falls Racing night and there club is mainly imports... most of them are in the 14's and 15's.

After the track I'm going to order my SFC's, SLP Lid, and next time I get paid I will get LCA's and ADJ. Panhard Rod. Hopefully the suspension helps my E.T's until I can afford some nice street tires.

Wish Me Luck .
Old 07-17-2006, 09:14 PM
7 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would not bring it up past about 1000-1200 rpm on the launch, and roll into the throttle if you are running true street tires. If the car will launch decent you can acheive decent 60 foot times but it's all in how you finesse the launch. I've gotten a 2.00 60 foot from the Formula on Good Year GSC 245/60/16 radials, and that's only 7 hundredths off my best 1.93 with sticky M/T sportsman pro tires. The key is getting the weight to shift and once it does not overpowering the tires too quickly. It takes time and practice, but they more you do it the better you will get.

Good luck!

Derek
Old 07-26-2006, 01:45 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i launched at 1500 and turned a 1.970 60 ft to run a 13.65 at 104. but i waited for the perfect time. i kept my car cool followed a drag car with slicks ran directly after him. i didnt do a masive burnout all i did was roll them over about 2 times to clean them off. it really matters on how much prepartion they done to the track.