1/8 bracket at HRP

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2006, 12:07 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1/8 bracket at HRP

Anybody else there from the forum last night besides Coach and I?

Hey Coach,

How did you and the rest of Ray Family Racing do last night.

I left after the second round. I ran pretty good that round, missing my dial in (8.30) by a little less than 4/100ths but my competition hit the Dial in time right on the money... Dial in 8.05... ET 8.050... She cut a nice light too... .027. Oh, well. Had fun and glad I made it past the first round!

My oldest daughter took a bunch of pictures. They got more of yalls cars then they did of mine! I'll try to get some posted up along with a few videos.

Thanks for your time last night. You were very helpful for my first time bracket racing. as was everybody. really great atmosphere there... socially not weather-wise.

Kids got a kick out of it, watching all the fast cars and laughing at my corvette looking out of place... (even though I was quicker than some of the trailored in cars! ) Supercharger coming in February, then we'll see....
Old 07-23-2006, 03:03 PM
12 Second Club

1st round: win!
http://s93.photobucket.com/albums/l4...gAnch=imgAnch1

Pics of my car. I'll post some of the other race cars that were out there later.

Old 07-23-2006, 05:30 PM
12 Second Club

Ray family racing...

Old 07-23-2006, 08:45 PM
TECH Regular

Sweet cars, bravo for bracket racing the c6 lol

I had a pretty sweet night bracket racing, I must say I was on fire. 5 of my 7 lights were .00X and my car probably would've run a string of 6.02's in the 1/8 but I kept treeing the hell out of people, my lights caught up with me though and I had a -.002 in the 6th round and that was that. I won a hundred bucks at least.
Old 07-23-2006, 09:56 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Hrod382
Sweet cars, bravo for bracket racing the c6 lol

I had a pretty sweet night bracket racing, I must say I was on fire. 5 of my 7 lights were .00X and my car probably would've run a string of 6.02's in the 1/8 but I kept treeing the hell out of people, my lights caught up with me though and I had a -.002 in the 6th round and that was that. I won a hundred bucks at least.
Congrats on making it into the money

Thanks, I'll be back for more... I kinda get a kick out of lining up against the trailor cars with my stock runflat tires and quiet exhaust. It looks out of place, but I didn't care. lol They all give a huge smokey burnout and then I just spin 'em real quick to clean off the tires.

Took me while to explain to the kids why I wasn't burning the hell out of my tires. They thought it was great when I "won" a race against a car with sponsor stickers all over it during the time trials and then pulled out the double breakout win in the first round.

In the first pick of my car in the pits there is a while small block truck behind me with a parachute on the back. I ran against him and he cut .003 light. I got back to the pits and he had a big ol' **** eating grin from his r/t.

Hoping I'll be a little closer to their times when I get the procharger installed and get 1.7 or 1.6 60's with some traction.
Old 07-24-2006, 10:18 AM
"The Drag Racing Director"

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi Dave. I went out in the 4th round. -.011 red light. I got on the convert to hard and yanked the wheels out of the beams.

It was great meeting you and your family. I hope you come out on Aug. 5th to run in the 1/4 mile bracket series.

Hrod382, congrats on your weekend of racing.

Coach

Quick Reply: 1/8 bracket at HRP