Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Unusual topic...slowest ls1

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2003, 08:25 PM
11 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Unusual topic...slowest ls1

Recently I purchased a high mileage 99SS 6 spd. I had driven others before I purchased this one and found that this particular car seemed extremely slow. But, the price was right and I really wanted either an SS or WS6. I took it to the track and could only muster a 14.55 @ 99 with a 2.2? 60'.The track is almost at sea level so altitude was not a factor. The car has 115K miles but doesn't smoke and shows good oil pressure. I believe the car was babied judging from the condition of the paint and interior. The mileage was mostly highway driven where the previous owner was registering 100+ daily. The car was bone stock down to a fram air filter. I even checked to see if any of the exhaust bolts may have been turned recently. I don't know why this car is so slow but one of the things I will do this weekend will be to change the plugs.
Old 09-25-2003, 08:52 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Unusual topic...slowest ls1

Have someone run AUTOTAP while you run some passes. There is something wrong, but the 2.2 60ft is hurting you too. You should be able to get a 1.9-2.0 60ft with a stock LS1 M6. What worries me is the low MPH. A stock LS1 M6 should be hitting at least 105mph on any decent track, as long as you can drive. Can you drive..stick? Racing an auto is really easy...Racing a manual trans you have to DRIVE. Over revving or underrevving will kill your MPR as well as you ETs. Try letting an experienced M6 LS1 driver run the car...no offense but maybe its you. Also, for ***** and giggles go have the car dynoed...it should throw down some RWHP numbers between 290-320RWHP. Also...there is a possibilty the clutch is slipping a bit or even a lot. Also check for knock or false knock.