Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

making first run, tips please

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2003, 06:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default making first run, tips please

ok gonna make my first drag run on the 1/8 mile. any tips on what i should do? car set up, taking stuff out? annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnything jsut let me know. its a 6speed, any launching tips?
Old 11-04-2003, 09:27 PM
n2o
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Launch depends on track prep, and of course tires. Some people like to take the front sway bar off, I personally did not like it in the long run as I occasionally get into high speed road applications. You just need some seat time I would recommend at least 6 passes. Good luck.
Old 11-04-2003, 09:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Drive it like you stole it, oh and something I learned from watching NHRA on TV, "Don't Turn"
Old 11-04-2003, 09:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lol thanks. i have nitto nt555's right now. i took out my ram air grates, ac belt, getting a new tune, changing to some new plugs, changing my tranny fluid, adjusting the tire pressures, taking out that extra weight, put a shift **** on there i feel more comfortable at jamming the gears with....um.....thats all i can think of. any add ons let me know....i tried to launch at a certain rpm but i feel like poping the throttle and then riding the clutch out to a steady gas that i can leave the line really fast, just might have a crappy r/t ill find out though and let you all know how it went