Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

having a problem when leaving the line...

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2009, 09:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ok well heres an update... went to the track this weekend on stock V6 rear springs with the hose mod, no isolators and i had no problems what so ever. well no actual "bad problems" but i did now for some reason have bogging problems and then spinning....heres how that went

1st run i forgot to take air out of the hoosiers so they were at 30psi i heated them then dumped at 4k and bogged ran a 12.2 forget the 60...

2nd run i let a lot of air out down to 14 psi (not thinking about the bogg) i dump it at 4500 and bog but ran a 11.9 with my best 60 yet a 1.76 and trap 119

3rd run same set up but dumped it at 5000 and still bogged and ran a 12.0 witha 1.8 trap 113

4th run i put air back in my tires up to 19psi just to try cause the 30 psi hooked the first time...dumped at 5000 and SPUN ran a 11.9 tho with a 1.8 and trap 124

5th and final run i take some air out to 16 psi dumped at 5000 again and spun again ran a 12.3 with a 2.3 trap 123.....WTF!

i dunno maybe i just need more seat time or the rapid temp changes from that day (hot as hell to liveable) prob had something to do with the hooking but i just could not find a sweet spot and dont understand how i could drastically go from insane bogging to just spinning? the only thing i can think of is maybe the first few runs that i bogged down in i wasnt actually dumping it while slamming down on the gas but dumping it THEN slamming on the gas? 2 step time? man im tempted to go up on new drag radials and see if i can beat my old 11.7 only thing that stopped me last year was snapping my driveshaft in half haha

Last edited by C Murda; 07-26-2009 at 09:53 PM.
Old 07-26-2009, 09:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Bitemark46
If it is unloading its either due to the rear springs are too soft or the nose is too tight. From a cost perspective I'd try the airbags first. Then if the nose it too tight invent in some struts.

-Mark
oh and my rear G2 springs physically feel boucier or softer than the v6 rears? like me by hand pushing down on them.
as for the front of my car, oh yea its def stiff and not properly set up for drags. i still had my front sway bar on during all of this. i had too much to do and little time to remove it so i left it on. adjusting my shocks technically will do nothing as i only can control rebound. should have paid the extra coin for dbl adjustables.
Old 07-27-2009, 10:09 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by C Murda
oh and my rear G2 springs physically feel boucier or softer than the v6 rears? like me by hand pushing down on them.
as for the front of my car, oh yea its def stiff and not properly set up for drags. i still had my front sway bar on during all of this. i had too much to do and little time to remove it so i left it on. adjusting my shocks technically will do nothing as i only can control rebound. should have paid the extra coin for dbl adjustables.
If your G2 springs feel bouncier then they have a lower spring rate than your v6 springs. For example if your G2 springs have a spring rate of 300 it'd take 300lbs to make the spring compress 1". So your v6 springs could be like 325's.

I think you're on the right track with the v6 springs. But I think if you would have disconnected the front sway bar on your 5k launch it'd probably would have hooked. Whats happening is that when you are launching your springs are pushing up, but because the sway bar is connected they basically hit a wall and don't allow the nose to continue to rise. So you probably have another 2-3" of strut travel left before the strut are at max.

Before you change anything else disconnect the front sway bar and keep the slicks at 14psi. Then try a 4500, 5000, 5500 dumps. You should drop your 60' better than your last outing. I think you'd might be able to come out even harder than 5500 by the end of the day.

-Mark
Old 07-27-2009, 03:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ya I'm definately gonna take off my front sway bar next time and I know I prob just need more seat time with these tires but just expected to beat my 11.7 that I got on drag radials and lowered g2 rear springs...