Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Removing rear bumper support? (Camaro)

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2009, 01:16 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Removing rear bumper support? (Camaro)

Does anyone have a pics or a write up on removing the rear bumper support on a camaro. I've searched and all I could find was instructions for a Trans Am and I think they are different.
Old 08-03-2009, 03:46 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by DTB_LS1
Does anyone have a pics or a write up on removing the rear bumper support on a camaro. I've searched and all I could find was instructions for a Trans Am and I think they are different.

Probaly will not be to your "timetable" but my site will have some of that info in teh next month or so (possibly even longer). As I continue to strip down my '99, I have took pics and wrote instructions, so to put this info on my site to share. But, again, will be a month or so before I get to the bumpers.
Old 08-03-2009, 05:33 PM
On The Tree

remove tail light panel. remove the 3 10mm nuts inside the quarter panels that hold the bumper on. remove 2 philips heads on the inside of the fender well right where the quarter and bumper meet. remove all the plastic push clips that line the top of the bumper, remove all the plastic push clips that line the underside of the bumper. remove the side marker lights and unplug the bulb. undo the tail light harness that's attached to the top of the bumper. remove the bumper. should only be 8 13mm bolts (4 bolts each side of the frame rail) that hold the rear bumper support on. pull support, done. install bumper.

Hope this help alittle, this is all of the top of my head but should be pretty accurate. should only take 30-60minutes to complete the job
Old 08-04-2009, 10:53 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by millerpa
remove tail light panel. remove the 3 10mm nuts inside the quarter panels that hold the bumper on. remove 2 philips heads on the inside of the fender well right where the quarter and bumper meet. remove all the plastic push clips that line the top of the bumper, remove all the plastic push clips that line the underside of the bumper. remove the side marker lights and unplug the bulb. undo the tail light harness that's attached to the top of the bumper. remove the bumper. should only be 8 13mm bolts (4 bolts each side of the frame rail) that hold the rear bumper support on. pull support, done. install bumper.

Hope this help alittle, this is all of the top of my head but should be pretty accurate. should only take 30-60minutes to complete the job
Cool, thanks that's exactly the info I needed.

Quick Reply: Removing rear bumper support? (Camaro)