Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear Seat delete.

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 09:43 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Rear Seat delete.

What are you guys doing with the brackets that the seats bolt to? Pulling up the carpet and cutting them off?Also since it seems like im going to have to do that is there a layer of insulation inder the carpet that can be removed for more weight savings?The Ta just go relieved of its DD duties so im trying to get as much weight out of it as possible
Old 08-05-2009, 10:50 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

the brackets are spot welded in so you can remove them if you want to. there is insulation behind the carpet that can be pulled off. i used a gasket scraper to separate it from the carpet. there is some random insulation elsewhere on the floor too.
Old 08-05-2009, 10:59 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do you feel that a rear seat delete and possible no point of return if you want the seats back in there is a good thing??

I think you should remove the seats, put them aside, take the insulation off the back of the carpet. Remove the rear seat belts.
Old 08-05-2009, 02:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

Not ever being able to reinstall the seats is no biggie.I have another car now if i need to haul extra people.There wasnt much weight removed by taking the seats out but i like the way it looks with nothing else back there also.It will be an all out drag car one day so im not worried about it.Im in the process of doing mods in sig and im also going to hit it with a 150 shot.I just want a very nast street machine for now to take to the local hang out.Id like to be in the 3100-3200 range
Old 08-05-2009, 02:30 PM
10 Second Club

to get to your race weight every lb counts .....you can get light weight carpet and race seats ,back seat delete with belts and save a good amount...look in the weight reduc sticky there's a lot of useful info in there
Old 08-05-2009, 02:40 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I took out the seat brackets, seat belts, and then took the crap out of the rear seat and just threw the foam part back in there. looks like stock now but weighs nothing.

Quick Reply: Rear Seat delete.