Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Body twisting issues

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2009, 06:58 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Body twisting issues

I have weld in sfc but I do not yet have a cage. It is the next thing on my list. Will a cage be enough to stop the body twist?? Starting to notice the right rear quarter had flexed slightly and the bumper to rr quarter gap has grown a good bit. The good news is the t-tops still go in and out without issue (knocking on wood as we speak). I was looking at the wolfe chromoly bolt in cage.
Old 10-10-2009, 08:11 PM
Ph.D. in HUBRIS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A cage will stiffen the car up plenty. I am sure there are better cages to stop twisting but any cage is going to stop it if you only have minimal flex right now.
Old 10-10-2009, 08:11 PM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

The cage will definitely stop any further movement. It's not very often I hear about this happening, but usually by the time you're making power like your car does (nice #'s by the way) you've got at least a 6 pt in it.

I'd have one made at a local fab guy rather then the wolfe one, get something made that the rear down bars go into the trunk and attach on the frame rail, that will tie the car up alot better. Have a couple bars attach the rear down bars, and a couple that attach the down bars to the main hoop (making a second loop sort of)

You can kind of see what I did in this picture. The chassis shows absolutely zero signs of flex on my car, and it's got well over 200 runs on it that are in the 10's, 1/2 of those in the single digits.

Last edited by JL ws-6; 08-14-2012 at 09:46 PM.