Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

???Super Short Belt Mod.....

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2010, 10:25 AM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

how hard would it be to stretch a 'super short belt' from the crank pulley to the alt pulley using the stock alt bracket?
Old 02-02-2010, 10:27 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Just about impossible. The belt, if it will stretch over is too long, and I think if you got a belt on there that was the right length to not slip, the force that you put on the crank to get it on there probably was a bad idea.

If you want to just run the alt and the crank pulley, don't be a cheap ***, just get the BMR alt bracket.
Old 02-02-2010, 10:37 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by JL ws-6
Just about impossible. The belt, if it will stretch over is too long, and I think if you got a belt on there that was the right length to not slip, the force that you put on the crank to get it on there probably was a bad idea.

If you want to just run the alt and the crank pulley, don't be a cheap ***, just get the BMR alt bracket.
thx JL, just thought id ask first before i F'up anything. i was being a cheapass. ill get the BMR bracket

hey man, also, whats that company u recommended me for brake lines for my manual master, no ABS again? i cant find that ole thread
Old 02-02-2010, 11:44 AM
Race your car!

quartermax sells a complete brake plumbing kit. You can piece it together yourself, but their kit is pretty complete. Just use a single flare with the tube nuts, you try to do a double and it won't be the right angle on the flare and it will chew the alum fittings up big time, rendering them useless. Ask me how I know. someone told me all double flares.... that is true, except when you're using tube-nuts.
Old 02-02-2010, 03:20 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the BMR braket and a powerbond 10% underdrive pulley. I'm running a goodyear 4060340 34" Gatorback belt
Old 02-02-2010, 08:28 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you should see how the AC belt on a 2010 camaro is. Its fixed mounted.
Old 02-03-2010, 12:31 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by JL ws-6
quartermax sells a complete brake plumbing kit. You can piece it together yourself, but their kit is pretty complete. Just use a single flare with the tube nuts, you try to do a double and it won't be the right angle on the flare and it will chew the alum fittings up big time, rendering them useless. Ask me how I know. someone told me all double flares.... that is true, except when you're using tube-nuts.
quartermax, thats it. ill jot that down so i wont forget. very good info on flaring. ill be sure to keep that in mind when doing my plumbing

thx again JL
Old 02-03-2010, 08:03 AM
Race your car!

Originally Posted by SShawn@NewEra
you should see how the AC belt on a 2010 camaro is. Its fixed mounted.
So how does one take it off/change it? I assume, the pump is mounted by 2 bolts, so you can put one in, put the belt on then pry the compressor back so that you can then put the 2nd blot thru? That's the only way I can see doing that... doesn't leave any room for the belt to stretch either.

Sounds like they found a way to get away without a tensioner and save 10 bucks.

Quick Reply: ???Super Short Belt Mod.....