Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Susp setup changed?? What could of happened?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2010, 04:44 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Susp setup changed?? What could of happened?

The car has gotten very little street time this past year. Most all track time since last spring. Well today was a nice day out and thought I would take the car for a little drive. This thing was dead straight when I aligned it back in the summer and with a couple of passes with the wheels up only a little the damn thig was pulling bad to the right and the wheel was way off to the left. What could of changed in my setup for this much of a drastic difference? Fender heights, tire pressures were fine. I will obviously re align it but not sure what would have caused this. Any ideas or things to look for?
Old 02-21-2010, 06:29 PM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Do you have any aftermarket front suspension parts? If so, they could have slid in teh slots for the bolte holes, say for the a arms.

That's why, I tell everyone that gets an aftermarket k member, to grind all the paint/powdercoating off, put a thick steel washer on the top and bottom, get the thing aligned, then weld the washers to the k member, then just hit it with some paint. Sucks, but unless you go with one that doesn't have slots, like the burkhart one, this happens, and happens all the time.
Old 02-21-2010, 07:05 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am currently on stock front setup. Waiting for my complete front end kit as we speak. I know it is hard to say what could of caused this just never had it happen before. Just wondering if the new coilover setup settled in. Never had any issue at the track. I will just wait for my new front setup and go from there I guess.
Old 02-22-2010, 04:33 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Springs could have settled yes, not usually the case, but it can happen.