Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How fat is my car?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 12:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default How fat is my car?

I started taking some weight out of my car(ac system, rear seats, etc...). I finally weighed it at the track yesterday and the car was 3400lbs exactly with me out of it. How much do these cars start with? Is that good so far?

Im about to get real serious about a diet for the trans am(guttin carpet, cuttin sheetmetal for mintubs, lightweight parts, fiberglass hood, drag rims, etc..). whats a good weight to shoot for?
Old 03-08-2010, 12:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if your a hard top you can get down to around 3300 with you in it with just gutting out most the interior.
Old 03-08-2010, 12:59 PM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Look at the sticky at the top of the Page.

Depending on Car Camaro Vs. Firebird, Trim Level, and Options, the car's starting weight can certainly vary. On AVERAGE a NON WS.6 T/A Does weight more then a z28 Camaro even if similarly optioned.

A A4 Trans can weigh more then a T-56.

So long story short, Starting weight can vary, if you weigh what you took out, you should have a good starter weight.

Depending on what options you do not want/can live with out, you should be shooting for 3000 pounds.

PM JL ws6, he is a MOD here and has excellent first hand knowledge. He has personally helped me to my goals and helped me understand not just how it works, but why it does.
Old 03-08-2010, 01:05 PM
Man-Crush Warning

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That thing is heavy.