Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

drag bar

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2010, 01:43 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default drag bar

what kind of gains in 60fts have you guys gained. im thinking of ordering a umi drag bar but i want to make sure it will be worth it or if i should put my money into something else.

my car now cuts consistant low low 1.6 60ft times now so do you guys think it would put me in the mid 1.5 range
Old 05-09-2010, 01:55 PM
12 Second Club

Does your car twist on the launch now? If not, you wont gain much if anything. However, if you arent leaving straight then you have something to gain. How much depends on how your car leaves now.
Old 05-09-2010, 04:22 PM
Launching!

I have the spohn drag race sway bar. Car goes straight and cuts 1.40-1.42 60s on motor. Im about to sell it and buy an actual Anti roll bar. Theres a company who isnt a sponser here that makes a bolt in arb with panhard for our cars. I would go with it before buying a drag bar.
Old 05-09-2010, 09:34 PM
Teching In

my car pulls the front left tire off the ground prolly 6in so thats why im wondering how much the gain would be
Old 05-10-2010, 09:07 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

You should see some gain then. Having the car leave straight will help. How much is a guess, but it will help with any future mods as well.
Old 05-10-2010, 10:09 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The biggest thing is this when making this decision....

What is the car mainly used for?
Are you willing to give up some driveability?

Basically the UMI bar I have, I love. It is VERY stiff, it will do great for racing when I do go. It makes the removal of the front sway bar more bearable. BUT I have learned to drive the car differently. No more Highspeed banking turns or quick turns. The car reacts quickly and if I put too much into a turn and too much throttle, you CAN spin out and have an accident.

I am a careful driver and this is PURELY a Straight Line Modification that is More or Less Permanant. As you do need to weld the tabs in in order to make full use.

IF my car was Daily Driven or if I really cared about Parking lot racing, then I would not have done it but since its a Racey Street Car, it made the most sense if I even cared about getting this thing back the track. I was 3 wheel gangsta hopping off the line and it would have ruined the car if I did not do the work.

Its safer for me, the car, and the other driver.