Drag racing log book software

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2012, 01:06 PM
key
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by deerslayinrednek
This is my problem as well and I don't have a smartphone
I have figured out how to make it run as a Google Chrome application. So basically you run it from the Chrome web browser but it doesn't require any internet at all.. Would that work for you?

Only thing is that the auto Density Altitude won't work due to not having a GPS to look at.

Let me know.
Old 03-06-2012, 02:47 PM
10 Second Club

I think it should, I use Chrome but dont use any of the apps....I'll have to check it out, Thanks!
Old 03-06-2012, 04:36 PM
Launching!

how does that work? i just tried and couldn't figure it out i downloaded google chome and went to RacersLog.net but once i shut off the internet its gone. is it an app for google chrome?
Old 03-06-2012, 07:50 PM
key
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by overhere
how does that work? i just tried and couldn't figure it out i downloaded google chome and went to RacersLog.net but once i shut off the internet its gone. is it an app for google chrome?
The way it will work is you would get chrome, open it up, then go to the chrome app store. You would search there for RaceIQ and then click to install it.

I am not completely sure on the payment for it, but I think you would have to pay after you open the app up.

It's not setup yet though so you can't see it. It won't look like the RacersLog.net site, it will look like the iPad and phone apps - and be able to work without the Internet.

I'll post back when I get it figured out, probably be a few days.
Old 03-06-2012, 09:04 PM
Launching!

oh ok thank you, i missed understood when you said you found a way thought it was up and going. thanks again!
Old 03-07-2012, 01:19 PM
key
Staging Lane

Ok, for those of you who wanted to put this on a laptop, I have it figured out. I have converted the app to a Chrome App that can run within the Google Chrome web browser without internet connectivity. The only feature this doesn't have is the automatic weather collection - that requires GPS which most people won't have on their laptops.

If you are interested in downloading it, follow this link:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...fnbhaipejpennm

To use this you will need Google Chrome which is a completely free web browser made by Google. To get it go here:

http://www.google.com/chrome
Old 03-08-2012, 07:42 AM
key
Staging Lane

To everyone that's downloaded it - First, thank you very much and let me know if there is anything that you feel could be improved on. I have received some good suggestions already and that's what it takes to make an app great. The reception to this app has been better than I expected, it seems like there was a need for a piece of software to do this that wasn't $100-$300.

Second, if you have time please put in a review of the app - positive or negative. If you like it I would be grateful if you let your friends know via Facebook/Email/Whatever or show it to them at the track. This is only on a handful of forums right now (I'd say a max of 6-7), so word of mouth is important to keep it going and allowing me to spend more time on updates.

Also I can be contacted via email as well as this forum if you want. A link to my email address is available on the App Store page for the app and the Android Market page for the app.

I'm going to be working on the following new features: Run Segment Analysis (i.e. how long did it take to get from 60'-330', 330'-1/8 mi, etc..), extra fields on reports and graphs, a screen to track the # of runs on components and alerts to tell you when a component needs to be replaced/checked, some small UI tweaks, and some tweaks to the reporting so that it can be filtered by car.

All those updates will be free to current users. Thanks again!
Old 03-09-2012, 08:11 PM
key
Staging Lane

You can now download your data so that you can open it in excel or do whatever else you want to do with it. To get it, click More, then Backup/Restore, enter your email and password, then click Backup.

Your data will then be available at RaceIQ.net, just go there and click the Download Data link at the top of the page.
Old 03-10-2012, 06:53 AM
8 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I just downloaded the Google Chrome. Works fine. Thanks
Old 03-10-2012, 07:03 AM
key
Staging Lane

Thanks. If you have any problems let me know.
Old 03-27-2012, 07:21 AM
key
Staging Lane

RaceIQ 2.0 is out - thanks to everyone who offered suggestions and comments. Several of the new features in 2.0 came directly from comments/suggestions by users.

Also we are now on Facebook: http://facebook.com/RaceIQ - I will be posting updates there. Don't forget to "Like" RaceIQ!

What's new in 2.0:
- Management of maintenance that can automatically tell you when different parts need to be replaced or checked. You choose when/how many runs an item should live through and RaceIQ keeps track and alerts you when you should examine the item.
- ET Prediction - Two formulas are available. Both use DA and up to 7 of your previous runs (you choose the runs to use).
- Side-by-Side run comparison for up to 7 runs allows you to see over 40 different aspects of the runs all on the same screen.
- Segment/Interval times (i.e. 60-330, 330-1/8, etc...) are now listed on the Run Listing and in graphs/reports/filters.
- Automatic sea level correction on new runs which allows you to make an apples-to-apples comparison between runs which have different a DA.
- Reports and graphs can now be segmented by vehicle, so you can view information for 1 vehicle at a time if needed
- Over 10 new standard fields (Several Temperature fields, -Nitrous fields, etc...)
- 20 new custom fields that you can define
- Several new classes
- A bunch of UI tweaks

If you are updating your software *please* make sure you backup your data first. To backup open RaceIQ and touch "More" then "Backup/Restore" then "Backup". Some people have had issues upgrading from the app store, so this will save you from losing any data at all. Besides, it's a good idea to be backing up anyway.

Thanks, and as always, let me know if you need anything.
Zach
Old 03-31-2012, 07:27 AM
key
Staging Lane

If you're an iOS user and have a problem upgrading - email or PM me and I'll help you get it going.

Thanks!
Old 04-01-2012, 02:09 PM
12 Second Club

I go to the race track 2-3 times a week (screw gas prices!) and use Torque to keep track of my cars temperature. I hot lap my car to get practice and also do a lot of bracket racing. I'm probably going to buy your app to help me keep track of everything because I always have my phone, but do a poor job of keeping track of my runs/weather.

Thanks key
Old 04-04-2012, 08:14 AM
key
Staging Lane

Thanks! Do you use Torque for any other logging?

RaceIQ 2.0 for the Kindle fire is in the process of being approved by Amazon, so if you have a Fire look for that update soon.
Old 04-09-2012, 03:54 PM
key
Staging Lane

For anyone using a Kindle Fire - RaceIQ 2.0 is now up on Amazon's app store.
Old 04-19-2012, 06:43 PM
10 Second Club

Would I be able to use the website to keep track of data on my desktop and then use the app on the phone while at the track with the same username? or will they be separate?
Old 04-19-2012, 07:47 PM
key
Staging Lane

RacersLog.net and RaceIQ are different. I am working on a web interface for RaceIQ though.

Also if you get the RaceIQ version for your PC through Google Chrome, and then get it for your phone, you can share the data between those.
Old 04-26-2012, 08:08 AM
key
Staging Lane

New feature - you can have RaceIQ as your signature image on message boards. Basically what this does is it takes the fastest run you have backed up to the server and displays it's detail. I know some people like to keep this secret, but I have a few users who are using this feature already. To get this image go to http://raceiq.net/GetBadge.aspx

Here's an example of what it looks like:
Old 05-20-2012, 04:44 PM
Teching In

I made purchase for Download, no download. Online service only.

After loading 5 race events only 3 passes recorded.

WTF????????????

Al
Old 05-20-2012, 07:26 PM
key
Staging Lane

Looks like you purchases the Chrome version, correct? If so, it is not required that you are online to enter runs. If you are getting an error while trying it, can you tell me what it says?

On the recorded passes, how many did you enter?

Quick Reply: Drag racing log book software