Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First time to the track need some help/advice!

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2010, 08:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Talking First time to the track need some help/advice!

Hey guys. I'm going to the track for the first time tomorrow night and I'm looking for some help and advice from you guys with experience. Mods are in my sig, I will be running street tires. Nitto 555's 285/35/18 what PSI should I lower my rears to and also what should I have the fronts at. I have Adj. shocks, should I go full soft al the way around or stiff up front? Are there any other things that you guys think will help me out? Or maybe some things to do at the track that is courteous or some "unwritten rules?" I am running street tires because I am currently still on the stock 10-bolt, and this is my daily driver. Any advice on my launch that will help cut decent 60's without destroying my rear? I am going to Famoso in Bakersfield if that makes any sort of difference with anything. I have my Snell helmet, but I don't have a DS loop. How many runs will they let you do before they kick you off for being too fast? Sorry for all the questions, just trying to get all the info I need in order to make the most out of my first time. Last but not least what do you guys think I'll run? Thanks for any help/advice in advance I really appreciate it. Oh and I did a search and read a few threads, just looking for specific help for my setup.

-Elvis
Old 05-27-2010, 09:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just look forward to having alot of fun and try to follow the track rules. With your mods dont be suprised if you spin quite a bit with street tires, but you can always soften up your front shocks and run the rear shock in about the middle of the adjustment. On rear tire pressure I wouldn't go any lower than 15 psi.

Just a few suggestions...good luck and have fun!!!