Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cage and belt questions ????

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2010, 08:01 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cage and belt questions ????

will be installing a 6pt cage soon. I know i need to put the 6x6 plates through the floor, and that the main hoop and the back of your head can't exceed 6" max . Now Question. Does the placement of the rear bars going to above the fuel tank is there a certain measurement from each side they can be placed or from center? Or do they just need to be evenly placed off of the center point ? And then with mouting the harness I know that they need to be mouthed to 1 point to the hoop over your shoulders but what about the lap belts and the center strap. Is there a certain point behind you and under you they need to be ? thanks
Old 06-10-2010, 08:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The bars going to the back should be as close to the shocks as possible. Some go all the way to the back and some go above the gas tank. I have mine going above the gas tank. The lap belts should be at 45 degree angle and the crotch belt needs to be mounted under neath the seat straight down from your spine.
Old 06-10-2010, 09:19 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by kenSS
The bars going to the back should be as close to the shocks as possible. Some go all the way to the back and some go above the gas tank. I have mine going above the gas tank. The lap belts should be at 45 degree angle and the crotch belt needs to be mounted under neath the seat straight down from your spine.
Ok awsome thanks for the info !
Old 06-14-2010, 06:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

no problem.