Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

UMI stage 6

Old 08-11-2010, 12:50 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default UMI stage 6

so, i was wondering about my front suspension setup, and what i should do, in regards to drag racing, like i mean everything, spings, k-member, a-arms so i went on good ol umi, and scrolled allt eh way to the end in thier front end package setups, to find stage 6, which freakin has everything, tubular upper and lowers, k-member, spings, single adj. shocks, spaner wrench, everything and thought that would be one hell of a one stop shop deal huh? Anybody have any experience with this kit? It has the 275lb rate spings, for drag apps, and the r series aluminum shocks also good for drag use, what do u guys think. Fully optioned, it cost $1800+, but id expect that. And if UMI wanted to hook up a soldier in afganistan with said kit, said soldier would paint the UMI logo on said soldiers car, just sayin!
Old 08-11-2010, 01:04 PM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well I have BMR and UMI stuff, both great.

Actually I am finally getting on my car today their TQ arm relocation kit and DS Loop, Cant wait!

I have R series Shocks on a 310 lbs Spring, good for street use.
Old 08-11-2010, 01:10 PM
12 Second Club

another thing i was wondering, when in Iraq, i had ordered a UMI tunnel mount TA for my car, i did this swap at the same time s my FLT Level 4 trans and ss4000, i didnt even think to get a DS safety loop, but now i wish i had, but i see on the site that none othier loops work with the tunnel mount TA, but at the same time, the tunnel mount seemed like the best option for a car that hits the strip alot, so any advice on what loop to get along with if the above kit is worth lookin at would be great. Sorry for the long rants, im just typin as it comes to me.
Old 08-11-2010, 02:01 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You could contact UMI, and buy the front mount piece of the tq arm that has the loop and just switch that part out. Thats prob your easiest option, or you could fab up a loop and weld it onto the existing mount
Old 08-11-2010, 03:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

id go double adjustable up front

if it is a all out drag car 275 pound springs would work but if u have a ton of weight up front might wanna up the spring also
Old 08-12-2010, 09:42 AM
12 Second Club

yeah, figured id probably need the 300 rates atleast, even though im goin for as fast as possible, the car HAS to be stret driven daily and as of yet i havent removed any accesories since i have 2 boys and a wife and need the AC right now. So yeah, also i figured i would probably just have to get with UMI on this, but wondering if anybody else ran into this issue and what they did. Any suggestions on setting my pinion angle and if its maybe the cause of my high speed interstate vibrations? Could it be due to having a V6 steel driveshaft? I didnt think that it would cause this, thought it was maybe due to the angle of TA?! thanx

Search this Thread