Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Race gurus? help with qa1 settings

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2010, 09:21 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Race gurus? help with qa1 settings

My car is gutted and I mean very gutted and lightweight with a lt1 inside. I have installed qa1 D.A and have a 275 spring on it. How high on the thread count do you guys go. To have it safely not rub anything in the well and great for transfer. Right now I literally counted up to 46 threads from the bottom and its not rubbing anything but damn it seems like A LOT Can I be schooled please
Old 09-07-2010, 09:47 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jan231986
My car is gutted and I mean very gutted and lightweight with a lt1 inside. I have installed qa1 D.A and have a 275 spring on it. How high on the thread count do you guys go. To have it safely not rub anything in the well and great for transfer. Right now I literally counted up to 46 threads from the bottom and its not rubbing anything but damn it seems like A LOT Can I be schooled please
Wow, please get a tape measure out and measure instead of counting the threads! It will save you A LOT of time.

How much does the car weigh exactly? The last time I ever used the 275lb springs they were up there pretty good. My car weighs in at exactly 3,400 with me and I went to the 325lb springs.
Old 09-07-2010, 10:29 PM
Staging Lane

Well what should it measure from the ground to the center of the wheelwell?

It weighs in at just under 3200 with me in it. But with out me its 3050+/-
Old 09-07-2010, 10:30 PM
9 Second Club

I would also recommend, once you get time to scale the car out. Adjusting the springs will throw weight around like crazy. Just because you have them level doesn't mean it's the best for "hooking" at the track.

Just throwing that out there.
Old 09-07-2010, 10:39 PM
9 Second Club

This is where you want to measure. From the bottom thread to the bottom of the spring, I THINK the last time I ever messed with a 275 spring it was around 7-9 inches. It varies with different weights though.

Like I said though, this method is to just get the car level. Once you (or if you ever) scale the car then you will have to adjust and more than likely the car will sit funny without you in the car.

Mine sits a little low on the passenger side front and etc. Thats how mine scaled out though.
Old 09-07-2010, 10:59 PM
9 Second Club

I would first measure your front wheels from the wheel well down the center of the wheel to the floor with a tape measure. Then measure the rear. You want to try and get the fron to back within a 1inch or 2. As far as the front springs go I had to go up to the 315 lb springs but my car is a full weight car. I will try and measure my qa1s tom put I know there close to 3/4 of of the way up.

Scale the car if you can.