Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What to do next?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2010, 11:13 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default What to do next?

So, i have sub-frames, Adj LCAs, PHB, TA and a deleted front sway bar, what is my next step, i was thinkin rear drag spings? Maybe a drag bar? Which is better to get first, i.e. more advantages, drag bar or the shocks and springs? I was thinkin maybe the drag bar and just run the stock shock/spring setup for now and do that after, sound good? car has been 12.2 SI and now ive got the F13 from futral, boosted HPup too 390rwhp, so im thinkin with some bigs and littles and another solid suspension mod, 11s all damn day cam only, oh and went from a 3.90 too a 4.10, not like thats a huge dif, but every little bit counts right? Anyway, im not sure what my 60ft was, thinkin somewhere in the 1.7 range, whats my next suspension mod? Thanx guys,
Old 09-17-2010, 11:26 AM
TECH Addict

I would try some rear Drag Shocks.I just put some CE drag Shocks in my car and it seems to spin the tires less on the street but i will see tommorrow night @ the track.
Old 09-17-2010, 11:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Front shocks depending on the type maybe frt. springs. Rear shocks with the stock springs are fine. Do you have a torque converter? If not that would really help. The strange shocks, Qa1's or the Afco's are all good.
Old 09-17-2010, 11:45 AM
12 Second Club

Oh, i got a nice big ol SS4000 with a set of 4.10s as mentioned. Stall is sitting inside an FLT level3 trans, so that part is buttoned up nice. So ur thinkin front shocks and springs and rear shocks on stock springs basically?
Old 09-17-2010, 12:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Honestly, you need front and rear shocks, with an aftermarket rear sway bar. Give me a call when you have a chance. We're running a sale right now, and I can get you a good deal on a shock package, or rear sway bar. Our number is 225-673-3533, and i'll be available to take orders until 5pm.
Old 09-17-2010, 12:25 PM
12 Second Club

so, byunspeed has QA1s, F series drag racing shocks, doesnt say they are adjustable though, but honestly thats fine, i just want the car to be a demon out of the whole! I can tolerate alot. I also found HAL, which im assuming is also QA1, drag spings on texas-speed, figured i would go with the 300lb rating as my car is a full wieght vert. Just wondering if these two will work in tandom, it says the springs will work well with HAL 12-way adjustable struts, but these arent the 12 ways, just a drag shock, but same basic physical design right, so they should still work well together.
Old 09-17-2010, 12:27 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by mad_steve
Honestly, you need front and rear shocks, with an aftermarket rear sway bar. Give me a call when you have a chance. We're running a sale right now, and I can get you a good deal on a shock package, or rear sway bar. Our number is 225-673-3533, and i'll be available to take orders until 5pm.
Well, i appreciate it man, alittle hard to do the calling thing, im in afganistan right now, so maybe we could just discuss options openly in the thread, so others can learn, and then we can figure out something through pms or emails.
Old 09-17-2010, 12:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ok,

To complete your suspension basics, you'll definitely need shocks on all four corners, front springs with the coil-over bearings, and a rear sway bar.

I recommend running AFCO double adjustable shocks. These are the best on the market, and have the most adjustability out of them all. You'll want as much adjustability as possible, so you can fine tune your suspension for the best possible traction with your set-up. The AFCO's have 42 clicks of adjustment for the top **** (rebound) and 24 clicks of adjustment for the bottom **** (compression). If you buy the shocks through us, you'll get our specific valving, which is more race oriented than basic AFCOs you could get from elsewhere. We also provide base-line settings, and will help you tune your suspension free of charge. Also, you CAN run stock springs on the rear, that won't hurt you at all.

You'll definitely need a rear sway bar to keep both tires planted firmly, and to eliminate the roll over on the right rear tire that most cars get during the launch. There are a couple of different options for a rear sway bar. The one we use the most is Wolfe Racecraft's single anti-roll bar. It's weld on piece, which makes it a little more stout, and less likely to move on you. BMR also offers a rear sway bar, which is a nice piece, and we can get that for you as well.

Feel free to e-mail me when you're ready, and I can get pricing on everything sent to you in an estimate. My e-mail is mad_steve@live.com.

Thanks for your time!
Old 09-17-2010, 12:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

BTW, it might take me a while to reply to any questions you may post here in the thread. I'll try to get back in the office as much as possible to answer.
Old 09-17-2010, 12:56 PM
12 Second Club

well i certanly appreciate ur help. I would definatly like to know the individual pricing on those shocks. So Its ok to leave the stock springs on the back, what about the fronts, was i right in looking into those? I was thinking about using those springs i found on texas speed, pretty cheap, and i hear HAL is a good brand since i understand they are pretty much the same as QA1. So yeah, if u can pm me some info on those shocks, i would be very thankful.
Old 09-17-2010, 01:10 PM
12 Second Club

but, back to my question, will the F series front drag shocks work with the set of HAL drag springs i was lookin at? Im just curious as this is a very low price for these basic upgrades. I would definatly like a nice adjustable Afco or even the 12 way adjustable QA1s, but maybe id try this setup out for ***** and gigs first
Old 09-17-2010, 01:20 PM
12 Second Club

so steve, i was lookin at the afco shocks on ur site, are those prices for a say the set of 2 or individually? If its for the set, well i might just go right through u the first time. But if its for each sold seperatly, dont know if i could justify the wife that price for one shock, though if it weere up to me i would do it no prob!lol
Old 09-17-2010, 01:21 PM
12 Second Club

well, know i can see that price is per shock. All hope is not lost, if it turns out that the route i want to go, ill figure it out.
Old 09-17-2010, 01:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

As far as I know you can not use the HAL springs with the AFCO shocks. AFCO makes springs, and I can get the correct spring rate for your car. I wouldn't go with QA1 either. Reason: You can't get them rebuilt if they lose valving. Take a look at the Strange shocks on our site. Those would the be the next step down from AFCO. Although they do not have the adjustability that the AFCOs do, they are well built shocks.

Now, another option is going with single adjustables on the front then the double adjustables on the rear. You'll be able to adjust the rebound on the singles, which is the main concern on the front of the car. I just had AFCO make a set of single adjustable front shocks with our valving yesterday, and they're considerably cheaper than the doubles. That might ease the pain the wife gives you on cost.
Old 09-17-2010, 09:40 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Qa1 all around, 300 lb spring in front, stock in rear, set at 3 in the front and 6 in the rear, umi subframes, umi lca brackets, short rod ended moly torque arm, lg motorsports aluminum lca's, double adjust panhard bar. Thats my suspension setup.

12.06 @ 111 with 1.58 60' in 3400 DA

I've got everything about my car somewere on here. This is a stock long block bolt on car 3440 with me in it.
Old 09-18-2010, 10:02 AM
12 Second Club

so was i correct, its $300 a shock? ur site is alittle confusing in that respect. U really shouldnt show a picture of 2 if its only for one. I was really happy for a second. Why the hell do these parts have to be so ridiculously expensive?
Old 09-20-2010, 07:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by gyrene2003
so was i correct, its $300 a shock? ur site is alittle confusing in that respect. U really shouldnt show a picture of 2 if its only for one. I was really happy for a second. Why the hell do these parts have to be so ridiculously expensive?
Sorry for the confusion. We put a picture with two shocks so you could see them from a couple angles.

They are expensive, but extremely worth it in the end. The amount of adjustment you get out of these shocks allows you to tune your suspension to practically any track conditions. Plus, you'll never have to buy another set of shocks for your car again, since they are so easily repairable.